Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems like i read a forum on this site and i *think* i remember somebody saying something about a s-10 manual tranny being a direct bolt up to the stock bellhousing/clutch,ect. true or am i not remembering something?

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
no it is not a direct bolt up, but there used to be an adapter that let you bolt the t-5 to the opel bellhousing, I cant remember anyone off hand that has one, but if you were to happen upon a T-5 for cheep you could probly have a machine shop make you an adapter, you would probly also need to get ahold of an opel automatic transmission driveshaft.

·
Super Moderator
5,883 Posts
The S-10 clutch and pressure plate is a popular conversion, since the driven disk uses the same spline as the stock 4-speed and Getrag 5-speed. But the S-10 Tranny is NOT compatible. Have a look around this heading and you will see the related posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well didnt take much to can that idea.,,,,,

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya the S-10 input shaft splines are the same as the stock 4 speed

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only instance I've seen of an S-10 tranny in a GT was when a 60 deg v-6 was transplanted from a camaro and it used an auto Opel driveshaft that was shortened.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
That's a mod you don't want to undertake. The S-10 T-5 is a lot longer tranny to put in a GT. I don't know if the shifter will mate up to the console hole just being attached to the 1.9 engine. But on my V-6/T-5 transplant, with the shifter centered in the console hole, the drive shaft is now a total 11.5 inches long as opposed to the 21-22 inches stock, with less than 2 inches between the u-joints. The general consensus is that I may have problems. I'll find out and report it when I get it all together and running.

Ron

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is a place called Advanced Adapters that specialize in engine to transmission adapting. They are primarily 4X4 stuff, but ask them, they may have wha you need. Heck, they made an adapter for an ecotec to make it rear wheel drive in a rock crawling S-10.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts