Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speaking of S-10 clutches, I was working on a part to compliment that setup. The S-10 clutch, because of the longer diaphragm fingers, requires a different clutch adjustment than that of the stock Opel item. There's more travel required on the clutch arm to fully release the clutch. Generally, instead of a lower clutch arm adjustment of 4.25", I set it to 4.75". However, the only downside to this is that the clutch arm pivot stud will then be at the end of it's adjustment, that is, the lock nut will be right at the end of the threads of the stud. So if you need to adjust for wear later on, there's nothing to adjust to.

The only thing that works is tightening up the clutch cable, but it creates a higher pedal that is much stiffer from bad leverage. So I am thinking of making a longer stud for this application. Probably no more than 10-20 pieces, at least initially. Anyone interested? Price unknown exactly, but should not be much more expensive than a new OEM pivot stud.

Bob

·
648 Posts
You caught me at the right time,as I haven't put it ll together yet.
Count me in for one also.
James

·
Super Moderator
13,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About 6 years ago an OEM Opel pivot stud was just under $6.50. I hope these will be less.

Bob

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
I'm in for one.

Thanks Bob.

Duane

·
Certified Opelholic
1,479 Posts
Bob i am in but for a different reason

that T-5 i have with the adapter plate the bolt is right at the end also (with the nut on there)

i didn't like the idea of taking the lock nut off

so a longer bolt is just what the doctor ordered

I will take TWO

just in case i win the Lotto and i can buy one of those Flywheels

David Ligon
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
13,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to get everyone worked up. I did some calculations and made a few more phone calls. It looks like the part will cost a lot more than originally anticipated. So based on that I will NOT be having the longer pivot studs made, it's hard to justify a $12 bolt.

Bob

1 - 20 of 228 Posts