Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members...

For those who followed the build thread, you know that "MURPHY" has had a storied past, and been touched by some of the the best members here... Sadly... I have to let her go... The Ebay post below is asking for 9,500.00 but I'm willing to consider a serious offer from one of the members here. I TRULY want it to go to someone who will care for the car.

This car was saved from NH about 5 years ago, and given an extensive rebuild. Covid cost my wife her job and my child is starting college this year... HATE TO SELL. "Murphy" as it know has a long extensive thread on Opel GT Forum website

www.opelgt.com

www.opelgt.com
www.opelgt.com

Many people and one of the foremost experts in Opel, saved, restored, and created an amazing car that catches everyone's eye. All gauges and lights work... TRULY a one of kind! Title in hand.

Some of the major components replaced with new parts:

Master Cylinder
New Engine (upgraded to 2.0 roughly 2,500 miles on new engine)
New Wiring Harness
Electronic Ignition
New Carb.
New Clutch
Rebuild Transmission
New Header and exhaust (it is currently a straight pipe)
New Cam
New fuel pump
New Alternator
New Starter

etc...

I have other parts... plus pics, and receipts. Willing to send video of walk around with it running.

My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This morning I got a message from the buyer and he backed out! Man things can't get more frustrating than this :(

"Hi I am sorry to inform you that I can't complete this purchase my grandson is the one who was bidding on your item without my knowledge I am sorry and I hope you understand please cancel the order and let me know if you incur any relisting fees you shouldn't but if you do just let me know thanks.."

So Murphy is still for sale if anyone is interested. Please reach out to me directly at [email protected]

Thank you...

·
Senior Contributor
1,536 Posts
Members...

For those who followed the build thread, you know that "MURPHY" has had a storied past, and been touched by some of the the best members here... Sadly... I have to let her go... The Ebay post below is asking for 9,500.00 but I'm willing to consider a serious offer from one of the members here. I TRULY want it to go to someone who will care for the car.

First of all am sad to hear Matt that you have to sell your one of a Kind Opel GT Convertible
A beautiful Car. A Real Head Turner for sure.. It must of took a lot out of you to decided to sell your GT... I Really hope it goes to a Good warm Home ... In My Opinion, is for maybe a ...Opel Lurker here will pop out of no where and buy it. ( it's happen before) or wait and go auction it off in Atlantic City, or Classic Auction, Where people have Real Money to Spend.. just my honest opinion.

Matt is a Real Stand Up Opel Guy,, a Lot of you probably don't know this, but on my very first trip to Carlisle with my Blue GT, we caravan together, with Muphy and GoldGT my new Blue GT Broken down on hwy
I-78 west
in a very Bad Spot on the interstate... cars wizzing by fast.. Matt and his friend stayed a watch my GT for about 2 hours while we ran to the auto store for a Electric Fuel Pump...Jeff and I a Untold story
I really didn't get a chance to Thank Matt Enough at that Time, Thank You Opel brother... Dude thanks for making carlisle better for me, dude,,, and Matt you are welcome anytime around here
Opelitus is in your blood now :) Take care

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trying one more time

·
Opeler
3,004 Posts
Unusual bidding. Buyer with 0 Rating raised bid from $2,500 to $9,500 on Sept. 10.
Anyway to find out if current eBay Buyer is serious?

·
Über Genius
9,027 Posts
Not really, other than emailing them.
I had that happen when I sold the Pumpkin. After 24 hours I canceled their bid. Never heard from them again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts