Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it may be a little late (I've been burried by projects and commitments) but here's my Santa's wish list... everyone add theirs.

In order of importance:

5. New nomex socks
4. New "gearwrench" set (metric)
3. An invitation to the "runoffs" for 2004
2. The lap record at Willow Springs
1. A production set of roller rocker arms ready to ship

·
Super Moderator
9,743 Posts
Mine:
Targa Top for my GT
Fender flares for my Sportwagon
Paint job for both the GT and the Sportwagon

·
Administrator
10,216 Posts
Gary's wish list:
In no particular order.

1. The release of the new versions of the forum and portal programs.
2. The time to get the OMC web site up and going.
3. To get that Sportwagon I've been waiting for.
4. Set up another Opel for Solo II so I won't be tempted to use my GT again.
5. To shoot a 74.

·
Super Moderator
5,886 Posts
Keith's list for Gary:

1. The release of the new versions of the forum and portal programs.

Nope, can't help you there. Except to help you when you get the new programs

2. The time to get the OMC web site up and going.

Ditto

3. To get that Sportwagon I've been waiting for.

Hey, do I have a deal for YOU!!! How long a drive can it be from Maine to Alberta? Hmm, about 50 hours each way in good weather, so about 200 hours in the winter pulling a SportWagon behind a Senator.

4. Set up another Opel for Solo II so I won't be tempted to use my GT again.

See above

5. To shoot a 74.

How hard can THAT be? A 74, a '71, even a '68. Just go to the next Carlisle show, bring your gun,and BINGO! Oh, do you mean golf? MUCH harder. My theory on that? A persons' golf handicap is directly proportional to the number of days in a month he works. Me, I seldom break a hundred, so that leaves me a with a handicap of 30. Hmm, too many weekends at the office....

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
Just this morning, my wish list only included finishing my dad's christmas present (I made him a model of his '65 Buick Wildcat Custom Coupe). I was already into the model for over 100 hours at the beginning of this week. I am vacation now so I spent the last 30 out of 48 hours finishing everything. Lesson learned: Don't rush these things, the more you rush, the farther behind you get. Now that the model is done...

1) Ferrari
2) crossbow
3) Red Ryder b.b. gun
4) 5 speed Getrag and a 200HP-ready rearend for the GT
5) A 40x60 garage with car stackers (because I have a lot of dreams and a lot of cars that need a dry place to spend a few years)

Here's a pic of the model. I am especially proud of the Wildcat logo and "vinyl" roof, sorry the pic isn't large enough to show those parts off. The logo is scripted and not swathed with paint and the vinyl has very realistic texture and color. The next model that I build is for me... an Opel GT of course!!!

Attachments

·
1,973 Posts
1) MORE TIME TO FINISH MY OPEL!

2)saddam and binladen running from an angry mob with spears and arrows

3) I hope teenageopeler gets his car back in better condition then police told him.

4) ohh yea more $$$$$$ to finish the opel and buy another.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Hmm.... let's see:
1)up front money for molded carpet and headliner for the GT,
2)my daugthers mother to remember what marriage is for,
3)my supervisors job when he retires,
and, last but not least!
4)the winning powerball ticket.
:p

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
attention...bartering

your family needs attention first...opel comes second

here's what worked for me.

on dec 24th..go to nice dept store like Dillards,Jones store etc...not online...somehow that seems cheaper..go figure...

1-go to purse counter..tell youthful ,nubile store clerk you want to buy your wife a purse.."she says ..what kind''? I say..I dont know but ...it better be a couple hundred bucks"..

2-she says ..how about this? i say how much is it? she says$230. I say ..price sounds fine.it must be good.

3-on christmas..after giving wife several other small gifts and things are done ...I say..oh..here is a "NOTE from Celeste....it says "Celeste has a package for you on her luggage tray"...make wife go to garage and receive gift from celeste.

4-wife is surprised I found such a nice gift without asking her or her friends,relatives etc....as the show goes.."the price is right"...
keep receipt...if she dont like it she can get get some other overpriced piece of leather..(.I could buy a pair of sway bars for that!).. i try know when to keep my big mouth shut...

5- in return...I get lots of time to work on celeste and everybody is happy.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
opel smart

hey guys...my 2 cents...

1-I feel sorry for the guy I talked to driving the $46,000 bmw 5 series(leased).I asked him .."do you enjoy it?"..he said...you know...A lot of people ask me that...its just a car he says ..(ps:this guy cant even change the oil..just wants to look important ).

2- someday:my short term wish list would be to:

have enough opel power to leave a " self proclaimed ..big shot in the dust"...

I find it hard to respect somone who buys a car to get respect or envey...to buy a car because of its label... even if I win the lottery a big BMW or mercedes is not me...i like the cars engineering BUT...

3-I cant help BUT respect people who do things themselves and dont follow the crowd...whether its an opel,mg, pu truck or mustang.

4-unlike the leased bmw guy ..I enjoy the hell out of my opel and the people I have met here.

5- i am bucky.and this is my 2 cents

·
Registered
149 Posts
The list easy.

1. For once in my life make my wife and kids happy. (Unfortunately this probably means selling the car.)

2. Finish all my home improvement projects.

3. Finish all my car projects.

4. Start enjoying my boring, unforgiving, stuck where I'm at, under paying job - or - Find a better way to make a living.

Actually knocking something off the list, I don't have a prayer.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Well Bucky, since I've been seperated for over 3 years and living in another house, you may get the idea where I was comming from, or going to. I'm not complaining! It's quiet and peaceful. I got my daughter (70% of the time), my computers and my GT's. That's good enough for now.
:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts