Opel GT Forum banner

Saturn head

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  keithrulz 
#1 ·
After looking in the bone yards the 1.9 Saturn double cam head might have potential , has any one compared the head to the cih opel block ?:confused:

#4 ·
how likely is it that another head of some other make of car will work on the CIH? just seems slim since all the oil journals, water jackets, and the cam placement to line up.

#5 ·
Your chances are slim to none. Bore spacing must be exactly the same, bolt holes need to line up, water jackets, oil passages, oil drain, and the critical timing gears/chain must line up exactly or it will wear severely. Knowing the Saturn is far more undersquare than the Opel (small bore/long stroke), the bore spacing is likely off by a lot.

Why not put the complete Saturn SC2 engine in? I'm not much for engine swaps, but at least the Saturn is a GM engine, all aluminum, and does have reasonable hp (123). And it's even a 1.9 litre, for what that's worth. I had actually contemplated doing this swap to my father's GT years ago, until I came to my senses...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.