Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opel GT Performance

Hey. This is a little off topic, but its only my second post and I dont know how to create my own thread yet. But I wanted to just put an idea out to see what people say about it.
1. Take a piece of 1/4" plate steel and lay the exhaust/intake manifold to head gasket and trace the ports and exhaust/intake bolt holes onto it.
2. Take the plate steel to a shop with a mill and get them to cut out all of the ports in the flange and drill the holes in the flange to bolt it and the intake to the head later.
3. Take a passenger side Chevrolet small block header(if you have ever looked, the exhaust port pattern between a 1.9L CIH and a Chevy SB are very close) and cut the tubes off at the flange.
4. Heat the tubes with a bottle torch and bend them out just enough to fit into the flange and weld the cut off tubes into the flange (on the inside of the ports in the flange of course) and then grind down the welds.
5. Bolt on custom header and then just bolt the intake on top of the flange (eliminates sharing the same bolts for intake and exhaust :) )

·
239 Posts
your'e right it's a lot off from this subjuect.

Click on forums, find engine performance mods and go to the last thread and click on start new thread at the bottom of the page.

If you ask me that's the only problem with this forum, too many pepole trying to event the wheel and not enough just trying to save their Opel!!! Buy some header flanges from Rally Bob here at this forum, their already made and he's now having trouble collecting on the orders he received here. Unless you got a machine shop in your garage, why beat your head up against a brick wall!!!
I'm starting to beleive if you want to buy parts locally off the shelf you better go to the engine swap forum and find a engine still being used here today you can put in.

And now back to the fuel injection troubleshooting, anyone?

Ranger out!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Header Flange?

Hey, do you have any details about Rally Bob's header flanges. How much? Square port oor round port? all ports cut out of one solid flange? Just the flange or tubes also? How much? thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Matt;
Look in the "parts ad section", if Bob still has some left, they're $42 and they're cut out of one piece with the proper added spacers for the intake. These things are a work of art by themselves!!! :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts