Discussion Starter · #1 ·
note:the gt in position 3...the winner will announced in my next post

Attachments

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
kc opel club awards

since I am the acting president,I gave the" trophy for the best car and driver" to the gold gt.

I am not biased,even tho I am the acting president of the unofficial kc opel club,

I picked the only car made of iron...who could pick a stamped plastic rice burner or a BMW wannta be(mini cooper)

Attachments

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
I think the most impressive thing about that day was the 107 degree heat BEFORE the heat index. Pretty good for two 30 year old cars running 5 times in their heat.

Even more funny was all the comments and questions by various people out there. Bucky missed a gate one time and the guy calling it in, called the car "DNF on the 240 z, or a 280 z, whatever that orange car is."

The announcer for the Heat Bucky ran in made a comment during one of Bucky's runs how rare the GTs were and here were two of them represented.

Let's see if we can get some more out there.

·
Opeler
48 Posts
Is anyone planning on running at Arrowhead Stadium monday? My girlrreinds dad and I are thinking about going out there and are wondering what the odds are we can see some Opels running.

·
398 Posts
Labor Day SCCA run

I was thinking about it, but I need to find out what the schedules are for my boy's soccer practice.

I'm not sure what time they are looking to have practice right now, but I'll post my going one way or the other. I may just go by myself!?:D

Where abouts are you coming from?

·
Opeler
48 Posts
We are south out in Osawatomie. Thought it will be a great way to see some local opels.

·
398 Posts
I have no idea at this time if it will be canceled.

I am planning on attending with my 16 year-old son. He ran last time also. I don't know if they are planning on having it or not.

I know rain is predicted until some time Monday, then clearing up and really nice. Alot of good the water will do on the track though.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
I plan on going to check it out, but next year, I'm afraid. I'd like to meet some fellow Oplers, and my 6 year old Andrea wants to see all the pretty little cars. lol.
As for the rain, I know you guys want to get to the cones, but "Thank God!" Some of the ground cracks would have swallowed my GT!
:D

·
Opeler
48 Posts
So, does anyone know if it is on or not? We have a group that is planning on going up and seeing if it's still going. We will be there around 9-10 and if it's cancelled we'll just have to go to the boats or a movie or something. Hope to see someone there. We'll be by the Opels.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don't know if it's on.

Sorry, I can't make it. My basement flooded. It's never flooded, EVER. We got lot's of rain. My house has a full walkout on a steep grade. The water used the underground power line and sent all the water in the front yard to under the basement floor. I have a mell-of-a-hess. Water pump fried, looked like a roman candle spewing. :mad:

Tomorrow is waterproofing day. Digging 70' of trenches for drain tile in the mud. Wish I could go. I live 15 minutes north of the stadium. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts