Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
opel assimilated
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have decided to try and build a scca road race opel gt. Any thoughts or ideas on the right type of donor car would be appreciated. Also any ideas from the racers on wich class i might be somewhat competitive in. My current opel is almost complete and is too nice for this purpose. anybody have any old race bodies w/roll cages, or where to put the cage? lots and lots of ?s.
also, any opelers in chi town scca club? thanks alot.

·
Super Moderator
14,174 Posts

·
opel assimilated
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks much Bob, That is the info I was looking for. More of a realistic scenario. Now the next ?, I am starting from a stripped body, any ideas on chassis stiffening? I will get an scca manuel to make sure i dont do anything not allowed, but if anyone has ideas on enhansing the body, I am all ears.

·
333 Posts
I am in the same boat as you...my ITB project is off at the painters getting primed and then to the cage builder. When racing there are many goals, and you need to be realistic about them...even if you had a 50k BMW E36 (the hottest car in IT racing) you would most likely not be as fast as the vetrens. You can get a GT on the track for about 5-6k if you do alot of the work your self. You may not beat the hot shoes...but you will be out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts