Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

I do not have the 3 screws (assume flat head) that secure the heater control panel to the dash pad... does anyone have the specs/details of what these are?

Regards, Mark

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
792 Posts
Thanks for posting that CUB. Just added that to my Library. Nice to be able to look it up prior to going to the hardware store.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Especially when you haven't a clue what your after. LAL
Won't be the first or last time I'm sure I kind of live there.
It's pretty bad when you walk in and it's like an episode of CHEERS
Yes Every one there knows my name LOL

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is awesome... thank you!!

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This list doesn't contain the 2 screws/bolts that secure the cluster to the dash-pad, via the flasher opening on left and via hole in the dash pad on the right. Anyone know this size?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
This list doesn't contain the 2 screws/bolts that secure the cluster to the dash-pad, via the flasher opening on left and via hole in the dash pad on the right. Anyone know this size?
If you’re talking about the metal brackets behind the dash as you described, no I don’t have the original size I’ve been using a couple of undersized Sheetmetal screws for decades with no problems, since it’s not visible, until now no one but me has ever known .

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I have literally tried close to 10 different screws, both sheet metal and machine thread, and nothing seems to fit. Time to just muscle something in, I guess
For posterity:
  • The 3 Heater Control mounting screws on my dash were not the 8-32 listed on Wayne's list, but wound up being metric after all... M4. I found it surprising to see an SAE thread on those in the list.
  • Also, the #12 center console screws needed to be much longer than the 5/8" listed. My car had 1 1/2" long and they work fine, but I'd guess 3/4" long is appropriate.

Reactions: soybean

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
My sheet metal screws are severely undersized, the force of the console popping out keeps them in place, I like them because all I have to do is push back on the bottom and I can just pull them out. They stay nicely in place.
Thanks for posting the heater control & middle console screws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts