Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've searched and can't find anything on this. Am taking the driver's seat to be re-upholstered and while it's out I looked at the seat back adjustment. Mine seems to have two positions. Flop it all the way forward and one 'upright' stop. The upright has a bit too much lean towards the rear for me and looking at the mechanism am I correct in saying 'tough cookies I'll just be really laid back'? Doesn't look like you can get to the actual works without cutting the thing apart. With all those *&#! teeth on the mechanism you'd think it would adjust more... .
TIA

· Registered
1,088 Posts
Ging,

I have 2 sets of GT seats. One of them is has no covering on it at all. You can come down and look at it to see what is not working on yours. It sounds like the seats adjustment has been bent sometime in the past so that only one position will work. I had this trouble before on a seat and we had to take it apart and make the teeth catch.

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be really interested in seeing that. Maybe I'll figure out what's going on - being bent could be good or bad. Offers a possibility at least. Thanks for the offer and see you at our 'eventual' Georgia meet!

354 Posts
Free seats w/good ratchets

Ging- Sorry to butt in on your post... I'm surfing the potential W.Coast views you capture on this tonight - & I've now truly reduced myself to begging & groveling for someone in NW to take my black '73 GT seat set. :eek: I swapped into Fiero seats... Too decent to throw away (especially psngr).

I leave tomorrow morning. This is where I'll be in WA and MT state between 10a & 3p on dates listed. If someone out here needs/wants'em & can arrange p.u. at one of the locations during this time, PM me a daytime contact # by 10pm PST tonight and I'll bring them along.

Wenatchee- Wenatchee Center Hotel 1/12/2005
Pasco- Red Lion 1/13/2005
Spokane- Spokane Community College 1/14/2005
Billings- War Bonnet Inn 1/17/2005
Missoula- College of Technology 1/19/2005

Sorry for short notice- hoping someone who needs them catches this!
-Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.