Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked online and cant find a seat bolt replacement. I'm missing one that I lost. Its an 8mm bolt with an odd ball 11 mm head. Anyone know where I can get one?

·
Opeler
1,373 Posts
I've looked online and cant find a seat bolt replacement. I'm missing one that I lost. Its an 8mm bolt with an odd ball 11 mm head. Anyone know where I can get one?
Not sure of your location, but Home Depot or Lowes should have a common bolt like this. If not look for a Bolt and Fastener specialty store in your town. This is where I find most of my hard to find metric stuff. Then there is McMaster-Carr.

I remember the bolt that you are talking about with the oddball 11mm head. When installing my AC unit, I had to remove a seat for the first time and found that I had to grind down the wall thickness of a perfectly good 11 mm socket in order for it to reach down inside of the GT seat rail and fit over the bolt head. Good Luck!

·
Opeler
2,909 Posts
Refer to mcmaster(dot)com.
Head height for a M8 hex head bolt is is 5.3 mm.
Stardand allen head socket head cap screw should / may fit in the Opel GT seat tracks, as noted.
If not, a button head or low profile socket head cap screw should fit.
See attached McMaster drawings for comparison dimensions.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The allen heads I tried were too tall. Couldn't slide the seat all the way forward. I'm short. Ill try the button heads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts