Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a list anywhere of which custom seats will fit in a GT or is it necessary to check measurements on all seats individually? If the latter applies, what is the widest seat that will fit (both sides) and still safely allow seat belts installed?

Thanks guys,
Claud

Oh, and by the way, I just gotta say...i'm sorta living a childhood dream by having bought this Opel for my daughter and being able to drive it around (which is already extremely fun) and am really looking forward to working on it and fixing it up in the coming months and....I just can't thank you folks enough for all of the technical questions you've answered already for me (I know i've bombarded you with questions here in the early going))!

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Previous Seat Thread

Mazda MX5 "Mita" sets fit real well - go to the Search Box on the left of the Home Page; position the mouse cursor over the "A" of Advanced and left click. Then type in MX5 and click on GO.
Now select the "Seats" thread by left clicking on the title box.
All the info you require is in that thread - including Opel dimensions; pictures of my Mita seat instalation and drawings of the wee adaptors needed to fit those seats to the Opel GT seat adjusting rails ..... enjoy!

PS: I waited thirty years to find my GT - with a picture on the wall - as there are only three of them here in New Zealand.

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Claud;
Another choice for seats is the Recaros from the BMW 320i series circa mid-70's to early 80's. Another good choice is the Pontiac Fiero (hint-good stereo options as these have speakers in the headrests)

·
433 Posts
C4 Corvette seats work great. Years 84-96(?). The early years work best. The later years have side bolsters that hit the passenger arm rest because the passenger side is narrower than the driver side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts