Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon guys and gals
I have a question hopefully someone can help me out, I took my 69 Kadett seatbelts apart to clean/ dye them and can’t remember how they were, I tried to search option and couldn’t really find any pictures of them and the FSM is any help, please looking at these pictures which is the correct way for the lap belts /shoulder belts should be connected together? Any pictures would be really appreciated..
Thanks
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior Bag
Hood Luggage and bags Bag Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
428 Posts
I think your passenger side is the correct layout.
The driver's side lap belt needs to be reversed.

·
Opel Adventure # 77 NC
650 Posts
Dan is correct.
There should be a plastic holder on the B pillar for the shoulder belt and another on the hump between the seats for the lap belt.
At least that is how it is in my '69 Kadett. (y)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think your passenger side is the correct layout.
The driver's side lap belt needs to be reversed.
Thanks Dan, I thought the passenger side was the correct way but need to be sure, but know I need to know if the lap belt goes on top of or under the shoulder belt
Thanks again

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan is correct.
There should be a plastic holder on the B pillar for the shoulder belt and another on the hump between the seats for the lap belt.
At least that is how it is in my '69 Kadett. (y)
Thanks Kevin, would it be possible for you to post a pic of your seatbelts,

·
Opel Key Master
5,288 Posts
Doesn’t matter which is on top of the other, because they will work regardless due to orientation. But sit in the seat and buckle up and see what you feel your comfort level is. I like the 70 models because you can get the three point belt conversions and eliminate that mess of seatbelts. Also Muscle car seatbelts from the 68-69 Chevelle are the same look, if you want new belts, but they are expensive, about $100 each

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doesn’t matter which is on top of the other, because they will work regardless due to orientation. But sit in the seat and buckle up and see what you feel your comfort level is. I like the 70 models because you can get the three point belt conversions and eliminate that mess of seatbelts. Also Muscle car seatbelts from the 68-69 Chevelle are the same look, if you want new belts, but they are expensive, about $100 each
That’s exactly what I did, thanks fo the advice, I have a set of camaro seatbelts I’m going to see if I can use
Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts