Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this talk about putting seats from other cars into a GT makes me ask the question, What seats will fit the Manta? Would love to hear what others have tried, Charles, what works with the LEASTt amount of modifications. And what looks really KOOL reguardless of work required.

What do y'all think?
Paul

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
I used a set of CRX seats in my Manta. They were cheap, fit well, look decent and have reasonable lateral support. You just have to make the mounts.

-Travis

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year model were they from? How difficult was it to make the mounts, what materials did you use?

Paul

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Here is a photo of the seats I used in my Manta. They are MOMO racing seats constructed of a Kevlar/fiberglass shell with provisions for a five point harness system. I fabricated my own seat mounts from 1/4" aluminum that I welded together using gussets to further strengthen them. I machined a series of holes in the sides and base to allow for a custom adjustment of both fore and aft and rake of the backrest. These seats truly enhance the driving experience by allowing better control of the car by eliminating body movement. I will have the car at Carlisle if you wish to get a better look to aid you in your own seat selection/installation.

Duane

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
The seats were from an early body style CRX. I'm not sure of the year. The mounts were cut and welded from some box steel and a little sheet metal and bolted to the mounting holes in the CRX seat rails.

-Travis

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,458 Posts
Toyota Seats

I used 1991 Toyta Celica GT seats.. fit nice and fairly easy.

Comfy too..

Charles

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts