Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a quick thanks for the help I got here. I'm off to Air Force Basic Training Monday so I'm putting the car in storage for a few months. The Wisconsin weather has allowed me to get it out this week which was great. All the electrical work is finally done. When I get a chance I have some carp issues that have to be addressed as well as a few other things (5 speed!) so I'll be back. Hey if I end up on the west coast maybe I could get involved in some of these meets. See ya guys later.

·
Opeler
66 Posts
it won't last forever

Good Luck and take care Aaron. Just remember that basic training won't last forever. Even though most of will seem pointless, you will still be learning valuable lessons. I've been in 18 years now (Navy) and have enjoyed everyday. If you get stationed at Hickam AFB out in Hawaii, be sure to look us up. If headed for the sands of the Middle East, be careful.
Annette

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
FA, treat basic like you was in a movie playing a part and it will go fast and easy. Namba did his 20(+?) years in the AF and I did 23 in the Nav and Ks ANG. It goes quick! Enjoy it and remember this: if you do 20, you come out w/ a SOLID background and a monthly retirement on top of what you'll get with a civvie paycheck. Think of the Opelitis you can have with that! :D

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Just call me a triple dipper, got my AF retirement, (23 years), Civil Service retirement, (22 years working an Navy aircraft), they needed help, and now Social Security for all the years I worked before the other two careers. As I tell folks that are/were in the Armed Forces, I get free money every month. Of course running through the jungle in SEA for 7 years didn't seem all that great at the time. It's not a great deal of bucks, but does keep the bills paid with a bit left over to work on the GT. :D

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
No prob Barry, I sometimes forget how much fun I've had in the services. Nothing I wouldn't change except the time away from family at the time. But that's why we get the benefits? The pay sure wasn't that great for the job we did, and getting shot at during certain periods wasn't all that much fun either. But I volunteered for it, so can't complain, too much. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.