Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Follow on to my previous post. Looking for adapter to fit the oil pump port for a second oil pressure gauge. Rally Bob says it is a tapered pipe thread. I cannot find anything with a tapered thread, only straight thread m14 x 1.5 to 1/8 or 1/4 inch npt threads which will connect to 1/8 inch od tubing to the gauge. Is this truly a tapered male m14 x 1.5 pipe thread? If so, can anyone tell me where to get one?

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
16,674 Posts
At least on my 2.4 engines, that oil port is NOT tapered pipe thread. What you screw into it may be tapered, but the threads in the timing cover are not. I use Dakota Digital instrument clusters and they come with their own oil pressure sender. I screw that into the location in question, but it requires an adapter. The adapter's male end that screws into the cover is not tapered, but has a wide base and a sealing ring. I'll give you the link to that down below.

Could you find what you are looking for with a tapered thread? If RallyBob says they exist, then they do. I suspect that he meant that the oem plug in that hole has a tapered thread, which makes total sense, but the hole does not. Maybe 1.9 timing covers are different than 2.4's and do have tapered theads there. If that's the case, then forget everything I just said. If I'm right, then maybe this will get the job done for you. The adapter kit is at the bottom of the page:

·
Super Moderator
14,709 Posts
Follow on to my previous post. Looking for adapter to fit the oil pump port for a second oil pressure gauge. Rally Bob says it is a tapered pipe thread. I cannot find anything with a tapered thread, only straight thread m14 x 1.5 to 1/8 or 1/4 inch npt threads which will connect to 1/8 inch od tubing to the gauge. Is this truly a tapered male m14 x 1.5 pipe thread? If so, can anyone tell me where to get one?
A dirty little secret…1/4” pipe thread is so close it fits. Just make sure you use a soft adapter (brass or aluminum). I’ve done this for 30+ years.

·
Detritus Maximus
3,591 Posts
There are some Bosch metric gauge fitting kits out there.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,697 Posts
Reactions: guyopel

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you looking for one of these?

Dieter
I found these several places, but the m14 x 1.5 end is not tapered pipe thread. Bob's suggestion to use 1/4 inch pipe adapter and be careful is probably what I will do.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,697 Posts
M14x1.5 is not tapered pipe thread, but M14x1.5 is what the oil pump port is being cut to.

Dieter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts