Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys-

I've not been here inna while; sorry.

have made the decision to sell Maggie the Opel instead of letting my daughters beat the crap outta her as their 1st car.

This is a 2nd owner original 1972 Ascona with just under 80K miles on the clock; I've owned her for 12 years. I love this little car; she runs and drives GREAT! only defect is the compressor seal went on the A/C system last year and it needs to be upgraded to green refrigerant. Other than that, this is a straight, original rust free SoCal Opel in need of the 'right' home. Am listing it here for a few weeks B4 tossing it to the Ebay dogs.

See the Ads section for more details.

Thanx for reading,

Chuck.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Growing Up with Maggie

Chuck,

Those girls have grown up with Maggie! Surely you have taught them to respect her and care for her? Think of all the wonderful stories of those who drove cars like this to school twenty years ago! It would make your daughters unique to have and learn to look after Maggie themselves - and think of the gas milage Maggie is capable of. They will probably be the last generation that will be able to drive something as special as Maggie. Don't girls want a chance to form a life time relationship with a beautiful Opel?

Some rough boy will buy her and you may never see her again!

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
On second thoughts - kids who are given cars often demolish them! :eek:

You could always get them to work for her then they may appreciate her lots more - have you ased them? Either they will be glad tosee her go or heartbroken. Let them decide? ;)

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
hey chuck,
i got a happy home of 3 opels, i'm accepting more, need something different besides GTs......promise i'll baby sit for free, then when girls get another car you can come and get her back, i'm in michigan too, probably not all that far from you. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
greensmurf20 said:
hey chuck,
i got a happy home of 3 opels, i'm accepting more, need something different besides GTs......promise i'll baby sit for free, then when girls get another car you can come and get her back, i'm in michigan too, probably not all that far from you. :

This is a GREAT car; after letting my 14 year old drive it today I realized it needed to go to the highest bidder - hence the need to sell it. otherwise, the nose would get, uh... distorted from the impact against parked cars. Therefore - Maggie's gotta go to somebody whoknows better.

·
Super Moderator
14,065 Posts
Chuck, if I had the appropriate interior storage space, I'd be all over that car in a heartbeat. Very nice, and a perfect compliment for my low mileage '71 Ascona wagon.

Oh well, you can't buy them all....

Bob

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE:

I received a near immediate response from a very nice gentleman in TX who swears by Opels and will drive nothing but. He's very excited about the car, and we are in process of negotiating terms.

I'd much rather see Maggie go to someone who will treat her with kindness while using her in the process. This gent is from Germany, and is looking forward to driving a solid vintage Opel. Maggie will be replacing a....get this...

Honda Civic!

LOL!

Sochiro Honda - EAT YOUR HEART OUT!

Opel 1
Honda 0

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
So who is it . . . where located?

chuckspeed said:
UPDATE:

I received a near immediate response from a very nice gentleman in TX who swears by Opels and will drive nothing but. He's very excited about the car, and we are in process of negotiating terms.

I'd much rather see Maggie go to someone who will treat her with kindness while using her in the process. This gent is from Germany, and is looking forward to driving a solid vintage Opel. Maggie will be replacing a....get this...

Honda Civic!

LOL!

Sochiro Honda - EAT YOUR HEART OUT!

Opel 1
Honda 0
So, where IS this fellow Texan? Not to make too fine a point of it, but Texas is REALLY BIG! VERY curious . . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.