Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Opeler
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you who do not know me, I am "Lempi's" son.

The GT she just bought came with an entire room full of spare parts.

So far I have only had time to clean up the chrome parts. in order to see everything in the pic I will link to a larger picture on my gallery page. There are also some good shots of the work I did under the hood.

pictures

Any questions feel free to message me or her.

thanks.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
motor mount covers

I would like to buy the motor mount covers

as far as the crossmember, is it safe? i thought suspension components couldnt be chromed due to " embrittlement" of the metal due to the chroming process
thanks

·
1,973 Posts
The engine crossmember is a big bulky non precise piece of formed sheet metal, let it bling. Once you get into spindles and steering knuckles chrome is not a good choice.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
ID of parts

what is A and B?

Attachments

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
A - is the brace that goes between the trans and the engine block

B - is the license plate/tow bar bracket

BTW - those are not motor mount covers, those are the actual mounts.

·
Super Moderator
5,918 Posts
"A" is the bracket that connects the bell-housing to the block (actually, there are two "A's", one for each side).

"B" is the support bracket that goes behind the bumper. There should be a pair of metal brackets sticking out from below that the front license plate bolts to, but they might be missing. Now why someone would chrome a bracket that is TOTALLY hidden is a bit beyond me...

·
1,973 Posts
I was just going to say, "B" is totally useless to chrome. My guess from the volume of chrome is someone at a chrome shop owed the PO a favor; that would explain the obscure pieces that have been chromed. If it were me I would definatly have the brake booster rod cover chromed, rear trim strip, all bumpers, headlight bucket covers, hood hindge, and engine mounts.

·
Opeler
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cant beleive that anyone would have a crossmember dipped either. but hey, they did and I know for sure we arent going to use it. lol

I will take pics of the other stuff we have for sale soon. the best peice is a rebuilt/or new 4 speed with bell housing. I havent pulled the pan off yet to see if it is new or just a rebuilt unit.

we also have a used 4 speed that I am unaware of its condition and an auto trans with two tourque converters, flexplate, and shifter/console.

I will take some pics of this stuff next week if anyone is interested.

·
1,973 Posts
I wouldnt mind throwing some cash at the engine mounts if dean doesn't grab them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts