Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've got '70 gt that is completely prep'd for scca gt-4 class. I used to run it in Midwestern
Council of Sports Car Clubs (emulates scca). The car is very fast and has held fast lap records for 3 of the four or five tracks around Chicago. I believe the thing could be nationally competitive. It needs some things, but NOTHING is stock but the windshield... Tube frame, Carillos, Arias, rollers, Isky, Quartermaster, SK 45 dcoe's, close ratio race trans, kiezers, discs, dif. ratios etc. I think it has been a racer
since '73. So every shortcomming has been adressed. It has been recently rebuilt and is very reliable. I want to sell it now I have a daughter and live in MONTANA where there are no road courses. What's the thing worth and how should I sell it? opelgt.com's classified, opelgt.com's ebay section or just regular
ebay??? Thanks in advance for the advice -Peter

·
Super Moderator
14,174 Posts
I'd get a few photos together first, then post it here, on the ClassicOpels list, run an ad in Grassroots Motorsports, and another ad in SportsCar (SCCA's magazine). At least this way, you are hitting your target audience.

Ebay is okay, but my friend bought a GT-4 Manta this year for $1500 from ebay....it had over $15,000 invested in it plus tons of labor. The next highest bid was $900 or so....ebay tends to get low prices. The owner didn't have a decent reserve, so he got minimal money for it.

Another benefit to posting it here is that word gets around...Opel owners tend to know other Opel owners, even those without computers. My .02 cents.

Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice...

Sorry I don't have any pics to post at this time. I need to shoot some digi pics Other than that it is red with numbers and stickers, I think we all have an idea what a prep'd GT is going to look like (low, slight flares, slicks, cage, fine corinthian steel interior , racing seats, slightly banged up nose[I'm a late braker] could use paint).

Bob.. did that Manta use to belong to Phillip Daus(midwest)?

·
Super Moderator
14,174 Posts
Re: thanks for the advice...

montana said:
Bob.. did that Manta use to belong to Phillip Daus(midwest)?
Nope, the Manta my friend bought was from Nick Seeley, originally from Arizona, and moved to Boston area.

But I remember Phil, he used to buy parts from me in my C & R days. Amazing how many names I remember when someone else brings them up!

Bob

·
648 Posts
Peter,
Haven't heard anything else from you on the list and your e-mail is blocked.

Have you thought any more about selling the GT4?
James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts