Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hoarding parts over the last few years to build Opel race cars. I have reached my wife's spending limit; HOWEVER I can sell things I am not using to buy more things I want.

First on the chopping block is a sprint manifold. I hope someone else needs it.
Opel Sprint Exhaust Manifold GT Manta CIH 1 9 2 0 2 2 2 4 | eBay

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adam, what are the parts that you want?
Phase one will be building the bottom end. I want to stroke a crank, or buy a stroked crank. Then rods and pistons to match. Bearings, fasteners, and gaskets as well.

Phase two will be the head. I will be sourcing valves, guides, seats, cam, lifters, and two side drafts. I have cannon intake manifolds already and a couple of other goodies.

·
Bikini Inspector
5,774 Posts
who is bidding on the sprint manifold? I am going to bid on it and I do not want to raise the price for you, or I dont want you to raise the price on me. One of the 2.

message me and figure this out.:slap:

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Good luck with your engine build! I can't wait to see what it will be.

.....and I really thought about your headers.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
16,732 Posts
If nobody bids on it and the listing ends and/or if you guys pm each other and arrange a deal outside of ebay, then "Puff" won't have to give ebay their cut and there may be some wiggle room on the price.

I've approached many sellers on ebay in this manner. That's how I got my GTX car. Saved $500 off the listed price!!!

·
Patrick
861 Posts
If it were me I would try to post and sell them in this forum (If that's alowed) and then if no luck post them on EBAY...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have a problem posting things on this site. I have seen Opel items purchased on eBay by people who I think are not members of this site. I want my items to be available to anyone who wishes to buy them. My goal is to collect money for the items.

I am really not sure how I feel about someone trying to message another potential buyer and arrange the price. I fully acknowledge that there is nothing I can do to stop this, but it perks the hair on the back of my neck.

I am about to post a whole load of items for sale, I am debating weather to continue to eBay them, or to post them here.

·
Opeler
1,639 Posts
I don't have a problem posting things on this site. I have seen Opel items purchased on eBay by people who I think are not members of this site. I want my items to be available to anyone who wishes to buy them. My goal is to collect money for the items.

I am really not sure how I feel about someone trying to message another potential buyer and arrange the price. I fully acknowledge that there is nothing I can do to stop this, but it perks the hair on the back of my neck.

I am about to post a whole load of items for sale, I am debating weather to continue to eBay them, or to post them here.
Yeah, it kinda smacks of bid-rigging.

·
Bikini Inspector
5,774 Posts
If this refers to my question, I meant no disrespect to seller. I do not want to inflate the cost to another fellow member. Nor do i want the price increased for me if i can prevent it.

I intend to buy it, and will bid accordingly. Its not bid rigging, or shilling. But if someone has a stronger desire for it, I do not want to bid him up. Yes, less money for seller, but communicating to save a fellow member some money.

nothing more, nothing less. In retrosect, I recognize how this may make you feel uncomfortable. Im sorry.

·
Banned
1,139 Posts
Shill bidding only occurs when a person selling an item has someone they know or whom is associated with, bid on said item with the intent to artificially raise the price. It is illegal, and if the parties involved are discovered, can lead to legal action along with permanent forfeiture of your eBay acct (although I have NO faith that flea bay would actually do anything about shills as it profits them to have auction prices as high as possible). As for what was brought up here, talking to a competitor for an item, to avoid a bidding war, fully legal. BUT this is also why fleabay hides the identities of those bidding, because they WANT bidding wars to make the prices go un-realisticly high, so as to MAXIMIZE there profits. If an individual wishes to sell an item, I personally would use the sales area in my direct market, ie. the ad board here, or a forum like CraigsList, keeps prices realistic and doesn't fill the coffers of a corporate giant that really does little for our country or our hobby as a whole. Just my .02 because I personally DESPISE flea bay.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All that being said I will post my next few items on this site. Considering that I heard about all of them on this site it seems best.

These are the items: Roller rocker arms, lighter fly wheel, and a t-5 transmission adapter. These are my favorite Opel parts. They were each the result of industrious members on this site making good ideas a reality.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My roller rocker arms are available as well.

Change of purpose. I am now selling all of my performance parts. Not for the purpose of building a sweet engine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.