Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Opeler
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I have an engine and tranny plus extras...basically a whole bunch of stuff that looks like it will need to be shipped to a potential buyer. I am wondering if anyone out there has done this and can give me some advice as I have never shipped anything of this weight and size before.

Any suggestions? I will of course be looking into UPS and other sources but just thought a quick query to the gang might give me some specifics. I am of course trying to keep the cost to the buyer as low as possible. Thanks

Paulie

· Super Moderator
9,836 Posts
Paulie;
It's better if it's done by truck. It can be trucked to most any place for about $100. If you want to talk more, call me tonight at home (678) 344-7579
Gene

· Registered
6,344 Posts
Paulie, just for comparison, the engine for Willit? was shipped via freight truck from Florida to me inSANe DIEGO for about $300. The tranny came from Kentucky either by FedEx or "Brown", for about $150, it was s long ago I can't remember. HTH. :eek:

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
check out www.shippingdept.net, I used it to ship my engine from St. Louis to NY, cost me $150.00 last year. The engine was bolted to a pallet with threaded rod that went right through the engine mounts and down into the pallet, then the whole thing was wrapped in heavy duty saran wrap type stuff. It was perfect when it got to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.