Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI- Just discovered that if you don't have shock tower covers, that the center cap from the opel hub caps fit perfectly and look pretty sharp too, with the blitz on it :cool:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Shock tower caps

Found a car that actually has shock tower caps. A Volkswagen Jetta. They're plastic and black, but about a quarter inch larger all the way around and you have to figure out how to make them stick. Now looking for something round and chrome or polished aluminum.

·
Senior Contributor
5,051 Posts
Found a car that actually has shock tower caps. A Volkswagen Jetta. They're plastic and black, but about a quarter inch larger all the way around and you have to figure out how to make them stick. Now looking for something round and chrome or polished aluminum.
Opellane took the original GT plastic caps and had them chromed by a guy who does "chrome plating" on plastic. I think after it gets affected by the heat in the engine bay that the chrome look starts to turn gold in color.

Attachments

·
Über Genius
9,375 Posts
I make them out of aluminum.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,535 Posts
Opellane took the original GT plastic caps and had them chromed by a guy who does "chrome plating" on plastic. I think after it gets affected by the heat in the engine bay that the chrome look starts to turn gold in color.
Now that is one clean engine bay. A little too much chrome for my tastes, but still a very pretty engine bay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts