Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,985 Posts
I’ve thought for years that the 2006-2012 Nissan Versa mirrors would look good and fit a Manta or Ascona well. That car has the same general body contour in the mirror area, which is uncommon these days. Plus most modern cars mount the mirrors in the window frame area.

I was going to put a set on my 1975 Sportwagon in fact, but then decided to go with a retro vibe instead.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,557 Posts
I looked on Ebay and couldn't find any of those Nissan mirrors that stick out from the body of the door. The only ones available were the type that mount to the corner of the window.

·
Super Moderator
13,985 Posts
Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,700 Posts
You could always look at the rectangular GM mirrors that were put on Chevelles and Novas of the era. They even had powered mirrors in the early 70's.

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,991 Posts
I had BMW 2 series mirrors on my Ascona

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
That's not bad oem.
It keeps the look of that time period.
Do the holes match up so you don't have to drill a new one?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Pretty much the same mirror as for the the early Mustangs and are also available with a convex glass. I have a regular glass on the driver side and convex glass on the passenger side of my GT. The convex helps a little.
I'm sure those mustang mirrors are cheaper! Any chance you've got a link?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had 2 different pairs. The first were nice looking, but not great functionally and they wouldn't stay in adjustment. Then I got the second pair (rectangular ones) and they work great.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

1 - 16 of 16 Posts