Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you secure the ducts for the side vents? Do they snap on to the lovers? Right now when i try to adjust the vent they just flop around behind the dash.:cool3::confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
How do you secure the ducts for the side vents? Do they snap on to the lovers? Right now when i try to adjust the vent they just flop around behind the dash.:cool3::confused:
Good question. I believe that, from the factory, the side vent parts that are behind the grills on the dash edges simply clipped onto the grills, which are pushed into the dash pad openings from the front.

When I re-covered my dash, the grills pushed through the dash pad openings OK, but the vent body wouldn't stay attached, as the clips had become damaged. So I glued the body to the grill with automotive Goop and clamped them together until the Goop set. Hopefully if I ever have to separate them, the Goop won't have bonded them permanently. The tricky part was to then line up the short hoses into the cowl holes, as the hoses have to be first connected to the vent bodies, and THEN the hose pushed into the cowl openings as the dash is put into place.

Sorry, but I don't seem to have taken any photos of the vent installation process.

To do that without the dash out seems pretty difficult. Let us all know how you make out

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
If I remember right the do snap in place, but if the tabs are damaged (most are) they will probably need to be glued in place.

Bob

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, yes they snap on and yes they don’t hold very well due to age. They are on right now but a little use and they will likely wiggle loose. One drop of super glue might be needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts