Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok car started to do something very funky today. i just put the dash back in yesterday after installing a pioneer CD player and new speakers and such. the turning signals still wokred great besides the double flash in the instrument panel that everybody has. they still worked well after i put the dash back in yesterday but tonight it started acting up. when you indicate turning left or right, one light will stay steady in the instrument panel, it will not blink or anything and the lights on the outside of the car will not blink, they stay on steady like a running light. when you turn the 4ways on, all 4 turning signals say lit and do not blink. changed the canister already with no improvements. is this another bad ground or something else...? thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
greensmurf20 said:
is this another bad ground or something else...? thanks in advance for any help
YUP- sounds like all the classic symtoms of bad grounditis- go back and recheck all the ground wires in the dash and on the turn signal hookup.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*grumble* maybe i'll just keep turning them off and on so it seems like they flash to others, give the little pipes of mine some more muscle too......LOL

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i tried the old fix of grounding the black and yellow wire to the body itself, and changed the blinker canister back to the one i had in it to start off with and the correct signals work on the car and only one light blinks in the indicator so no more double flash. just one problem, the wrong indicator lights up in the dash.....LOL. i'll try swapping the the sockets in that little indicator and see what that does, i'll inform if it works or not.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i pulled the small plastic piece with the five lights in it, switched the sockets for the signal indicators and that fixed it all. right lights work inside and outside the car. never heard of anybody with this problem, but incase somebody does heres the simple fix.

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
I had double greenies when I got the car. Pulled the cluster (and pretty much everything else) for other reasons, then I lost the right front blinker, pulled that last night and the ground (just attached to a light housing mounting screw-is that stock? I think not) was off, fixed that (and broke a off a bolt that holds the lens in, the other was already broke, hardware store, M4 I believe, got one busted end out, haven't messed with the other yet...I digress)
So, after reinstalling cluster and even before fixing bad ground, my left turn signal indicator lights up bright on the first blink, then quite dim, when I use the right turn signal the left dash indicator fires up once then nothing.

So, what do you think? Start chasing grounds? Is it possible to pull just that light cluster without dropping the column and the whole dash cluster? Could be I put the wrong bulbs in the sockets or shorted something back there during reassembly. Would poor voltage cause something like this, like the double greenie syndrom? It's minor I know but things must work or they bug me.

·
1000 Post Club
4,116 Posts
ok i pulled the small plastic piece with the five lights in it, switched the sockets for the signal indicators and that fixed it all. right lights work inside and outside the car. never heard of anybody with this problem, but incase somebody does heres the simple fix.
When I installed the DESTEC L.E.D. tailights, I had to one of the mods that were sent to me with the lights to eliminate the double green flash. The reversed signals were noted in the instructions and I also had to switch the bulbs.

HTH

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts