Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am a fairly new member. I understand that there used to be a lot of good stuff in the downloads section. That has always been disabled since I have been a member (4/2010). Is it something that I am doing or is it disabled for everyone? Will it be enabled again in the future?
Thanks,
Randy

·
Administrator
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Downloads will return. Back in December a major "upgrade" of the forum program was released. In the past these upgrades were fully proven out prior to release. This time it was different and there were a lot of bugs. To top it off the base program structure was changed so a lot of the add on features we added no longer worked. To say the least, this has been a frustrating six months...

Anyway, this latest upgrade fixes over 40 known bugs and the Garage feature is finally compatible. The Clubs program will also be returning soon. Downloads will either return as was or a new program will be launched. I may be retiring soon so I will have more time available.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Gary,
Thanks for the update, no pun intended. I know that your dedication to this site is really appreciated. As an IT professional, I feel your pain. Keep up the good work and Thanks again.
Randy

·
Past Opel GT Owner
81 Posts
As an Admin on another site I truly appreciate all the work that goes into making a site like this one work. Most don't understand all the in and outs, not only keeping the site updated and working, but also dealing with the SPAM and attacks often automated that can come at the most inopportune times.

Thanks for fighting the good fight and providing a place for everyone to gather, learn and enjoy all things Opel.

·
Opel Addicts
2,459 Posts
Garage

Gary:

I see the garage feature is back. Is it still limited to one car or am I missing where you add the others?

Thanks,

Vickie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts