Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
10-14 Update: The new Garage program installed. Add your Opel or use this code to edit your existing garage.
10-9 Update: You can now customize the main page. All Blocks on main page are collapsible by clicking on the upper right. Fixed several bugs.
10-6 Update: Fixed broken chat link in nav Bar. Chat away!
10-5 Update: Chat Room updated and online. Fixed Parts Review.
10-4 Update: All templates except the navagation bar have been updated. Moderators will love the new one click mod options at the bottom of each thread.
Left to do:
Add "Home" and "Top" links to posts [Done]
Fix Garage (not supported yet)
Fix Articles (not supported yet)
Fix Event Countdown
Fix Downloads (Not supported yet)

Update: Photo Gallery is back on line. Chat is next. Working through the minor ones now.
Update: The major work is done. Parts Review updated. Avatars fixed. Problems still with Downloads (That program is unsupported) :mad: , Articles, Links to the latest photos on the main page, "Home" and "Top" links in the posts. I am sure there will be more. Post them in the Bug report forum.

This was a major upgrade to the back end of the forum program. It changed the way that new features are added so all the old add-ons needed to be upgraded.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Opel messages....

Update: 3:30pm Links updated
Update: 2:00pm Ad Board and Photo Gallery updated
Update: 12:00 EDT The forums have been updated. Work continues on the rest.

The forums will be closed for a (hopefully) short period sometime on Sunday, Oct 2 for a major upgrade. All the add-ons and a lot of the features will also have to be upgraded and reloaded. So the site may look a litle different until those features are installed.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
a day without my fix ,oh my gawd i might have to do some work :eek:

keep up the good work gary

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Jeez, dare I say it, I may have to go out and actually work on my Opels, what a hard life...LOL :D What time tomorrow is this suppose to occur Gary?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Well, I just hope it's during the Chargers/Patriots game, then I won't miss it so much. But I do plan on doing some more to Willit?'s wiring after the game so maybe it won't be too bad. :D

·
478 Posts
Well at least I have plenty of work to do on my vehicles.Things look great can't wait.Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I'm gonna guess Gary was working on the system around 1 a.m. PST, I was in the middle of going through the threads and the server became unavailable. Also, I can presume he isn't finished with it yet, either. The avatars aren't working yet, new threads go from bold titles to standard, after I read them, but the old ones stay bold, and right now smiley icons can't be inserted in responses. The reply box has a minor different look, too. But at least we can post responses and answer questions for folks. BTW Gary my quarterly will be to you tomorrow. Thanx for maintaining this site for us.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
The Chat

The Chat is returning an "Invalid user name or password" when I try to log on by clicking on the "Chat" in the drop-down from the command line at the top of the Home Page. i think it did this after the last upgrade too.
Still a great site and the efforts put in by you, Gary, are much appreciated.
Thank You!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Gary FYI,
When looking at the photo galary this is what happens when I try to look at the Greek boat.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parse_bbcode() in /home/opel123/public_html/photos/forums/vb3.php on line 622

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
benncojr said:
Gary FYI,
When looking at the photo galary this is what happens when I try to look at the Greek boat.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parse_bbcode()...
Yup. Thanks Rick. That happens to all photos. I closed the gallery for now and will upload a new copy of that file tonight. It is shared by the ad board, Parts review, and gallery. Must have not uploaded the most current one.

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GTJIM said:
The Chat is returning an "Invalid user name or password" when I try to log on by clicking on the "Chat" in the drop-down from the command line at the top of the Home Page.
There is a fix posted on the chat site for this. It is now on the "list". Thanks, Jim.

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
What happened to the "top" bookmark to take me back to the top of the thread?

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
Anyway we can have more smilies? See a large number of cool ones on LS1GTo.com and uses the same forum. I would assume if its possible it woudl be low on the priority list though :)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Gary, I'm not sure what the deal is, but I've been getting a lot of server busy notices in the last couple of days. Could just be the site is so darn big now with all the stuff on it. :confused:

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
If I hit the "The Classic Opel community" icon, I get a busy server but if I enter from my bookmark, I get right in.:confused:
Jeff

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I guess I should have clarified a bit more, I get a busy server notice when I try to reply to a thread also.

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
namba209 said:
Gary, I'm not sure what the deal is, but I've been getting a lot of server busy notices in the last couple of days. Could just be the site is so darn big now with all the stuff on it. :confused:
I just disabled the setting that gave that notice. This program has a built in filter to pause things if the server load gets too high. I think that some of the "Bugs" from the upgrade are bogging things down at times. Basically, I have to undo and redo every modification that was done to the base program. :eek:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Gary, I've got to say you are a patient man to put up with all of this upgrading/ fixing of problems, etc. 2 thumbs up to you. :) Jarrell

1 - 20 of 51 Posts