Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Opeler
990 Posts
I have the Manta B mounts on my Euro 2.4 setup. Using my Cannon intake, along with my intake snorkel on a Sniper 2300, I am barely fitting under the GT hood. The pitch on this prototype intake is too extreme for the GT. If you could merely level the Sniper against the angle of the motor in a GT, you would have a good starting point. If you could drop the initial mounting height for the Sniper, to allow for a spacer, that would be miles ahead of what is currently available.

·
Opeler
990 Posts
Here's another thought...Manage the mount height for the Sniper, and the slope the floor of the intake plenum, to facilitate a downhill flow. Doesn't seem like it would take much slope, but anything flowing below level would be an improvement. Beyond that, you are looking at needed hood mods.

·
Opeler
990 Posts
Yes, I agree that there are differences in the two head types. However, without having measurements, the height of the TBI mount seems to be at least the height, or higher than the height of the intake flange below. We're gonna need a bigger hood bubble.

·
Opeler
990 Posts
Love the responses to all of the comments! Knowing the limitations of the GT underhood, it is imperative that you keep the highest edge of the Sniper under the center of the hood bubble. The motor will move with revs, and you can fabricate any shape of air intake using fiberglass. If you need a heater, then you are pinned in. I know you are still in R and D, but just food for thought here; if the motor tilts +/- 10 degrees, you might look at a 12 degree pitch on your runners. That will give you a downhill flow and minimize the use of critical space in the area. I will be the first in line if you get this intake to fit. I love the Sniper, but would really like better flow to the head.

·
Opeler
990 Posts
I was working on my Sniper today and notice that there is dado, or circumferential recess around the barrels at the intake plate. Would it be possible to trim the plate, and produce a couple of velocity stacks, maybe in a twist formation (to look awesome), and eventually point the forward with a filter, or sponge filter at the intake side?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts