Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna vent for a bit. I just recently had my 4th exercise in "will you please leave me alone". A particular Opel sales company got to me through the IM in AOL. It started with odd Ebay questions from someone I don't know. Then it goes to Opels and where you buy parts. This individual even went so far as to disrespect another Opel supplier that he said he used to work for. I said goodbye and tried to end the conversation and finally shut the computer off to get him to leave me alone. What I mean by 4th go around is that this guys boss has done this to me three times before. I finally had to block him from Email and anything else. Why do people act like that? Just to push and push until you finally snap at them. I finally told the guy that if he was the last place to buy parts for my car I'd sell it. I know from talking to people I'm not the only one this happens to. I guess I just don't understand the concept of selling to people by pissing them off. I won't name any names here but if anybody knows these two, could you maybe remind them of the first rule of sales. The customer is always right. Don't start the conversation with how they are wrong.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Just ask if they will give you extended credit and ship before payment .....

If you don't then you may never know how dumb they actually are! :D

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
Is it possible that it could be a disgruntled ex-employee trying to sabotage his former employers customer base?

As much as I would like to know which supplier is responsible for this (and avoid them in the future), you are correct that it would not be appropriate to post it here

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
bosco said:
would love to know who it was so I could steer clear......
Then Grant could be held libel for slander. Then this person and company has grounds for a suit against Grant and OpelGT.com (read: Gary). As much as I would like to know too, we are all better off keeping it anonymous. I get the feeling that someone that acts like this will show their colors pretty quick.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've talked to a few other people about this and it starts at Ebay. I've had it happen both selling and buying. From what I was told they used to contact people that were buying and offer the same item for less off Ebay. They were reported for this and using the bid history lists for a spam list. I just realized that I was spammed to start this. The original Email said it was from an Ebay member but did not contain the Ebay user name or item # or description. When I Emailed a response back thier AOL IM stored my IM name, IM being instant messenger. Time to get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Nobody is correct. I had the same experience happen to me after I had bid on, and lost an item on E Bay. Within 6 hours after the close of auction, this person sent me an email asking would I like to buy the same item that I had bid on. At the price the final and winning bid was. I promptly told him no and put the email address on my block list. Another gripe I have, is some Ebay stores buying specific items relevant to the Gts and then later re-selling them as if they had the items in the beginning. Enough irritability, it's a sunny day here on the East Coast, and the Gt and I are going for a ride. :) Jarrell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.