Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm looking at having a small production of water-jet, .500" thick aluminum intake (head) flanges cut out. Probably only a 1/2 dozen of the low port flanges (1.9 style), and 1/2 dozen of the high port flanges (2.2/2.4 style).

At the same time, I'm having a few Holley 500 cfm 2-bbl carb flanges cut out of the same material (2-holes instead of open plenum design). This is for a future project of mine, a fully custom fabricated intake manifold for the Holley carb.

Just thought I'd put out feelers if there is anyone wanting any of these, since I only have them made occasionally. I hate to sit on a huge inventory if I'm not building anything, but want to offer them up to anyone contemplating modifying an existing intake or building their own.

The head flanges would be $44 (up $2 from about 5 years ago due to higher costs).

Holley flanges I haven't priced out, but should be in the $30 range I'd hope. It'll be my own new design, not copied from a sand-cast adapter plate (notoriously inaccurate!).

Please PM me if you are interested in them. Thanks.

Low port intake flange:

High port intake flange:

Holley flange will be similar to this, but with two individual holes rather than an open plenum. 1/2" thick.

Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Design drawings have been made and sent to my water-jet shop for a price quote. This is for a new design Holley 500 flanges (for my new intake manifold design), and also a flange for a Nissan throttle body (for a fully fabricated EFI intake manifold).

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got 10 of the Holley flanges ordered, 6 of the EFI throttle body flanges ordered, and 6 of the raised port intake flanges ordered.

A couple of each are accounted for, so if you're interested now would be the time to let me know.

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Latest order is manufactured, and on its way to me.

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arrived!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Bob, did you get my PM? I need total with shipping and payment method info. Thanks
I did Ken, I've just been setting up my new tapping fixture, and realized I didn't have any taps here, or drills, or....

Anyway, aside from the shortcomings of not having a shop to do even small jobs, not having even the most basic tools really sucks too!

I'm up to speed now and will be boxing up the flanges that are sold this weekend.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I did Ken, I've just been setting up my new tapping fixture, and realized I didn't have any taps here, or drills, or....

Anyway, aside from the shortcomings of not having a shop to do even small jobs, not having even the most basic tools really sucks too!

I'm up to speed now and will be boxing up the flanges that are sold this weekend.
No problem at all Bob. I'm in the same boat as you, haven't had a place to work for two years now while all my equipment and tools are in storage. We're building a new house+shop so hopefully by the end of the year I can get back on the Opel. I can't wait!

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m placing an order this week for 10 of the high port intake flanges (fits 2.2 and 2.4 heads).

Current pricing is $46 per flange. PM me if you are interested. Not taking deposits yet, just names.

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Five accounted for so far...

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
350 Posts
Bob- I need some more art. Please put me down for one. -Dan

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seven accounted for...

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eight down. Almost sold out.

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reactions: jayhawkjesse33

·
Super Moderator
13,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,855 Posts
Suuuure... I'll take a low port for the 1.9L if it is not too much trouble. (This is not vital if it is inconvenient or presents any other problems...)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts