Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're all going to think I'm crazy, yes...

but the Opel will soon be my only transportation (besides the public variety). I'd like snow tires for this thing, since it looks like this will be a bad winter.

I just checked Tirerack, and searched for a whole sleu of sizes in 13", and found nothing.

I currently have some gold rally wheels on there, with 215/65-13 tires.

I have the stock rims, but I'm not sure of their width, along with what size tire should go on there. Any help?

·
Super Moderator
14,180 Posts
Go for the Nokian Hakka 10's or Hakka 1's. The Hakka 10's are better in the snow, the 1's are better in slush and rain. The narrower the better with snow tires. I run 165/80-13's usually. Make sure you get all 4, nothing worse than traction in the rear, and nothing to stop or turn with up front!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I have a contact at Tirerack, and he quoted me $51 per Michelin Artic Alpin, at 165/80-13

So I think that'll do.

Those Hakka's are DAMN nice, but I think they're a little too pricey for the lack of winter driving I'll end up doing on these. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,180 Posts
Not too pricey really, I paid $58 each for Hakka 10's in a 165/80-13 last winter. And they really are great to drive on. But that's a great price for Michelins, and those are a better ice tire anyway.

Bob

·
Opeler
94 Posts
Blizzaks

You might try Blizzaks. They are made by Bridgestone. The only model that would work is the WS50. You can check them out online. I have used the older style WS15 and they are incredible for getting through snow. The newer ones are supposed to be even better. You'll probably pay for this digging/plowing ability in the handeling though. Price could be prohibitive though. I think they around $70.00-$80.00 per tire. Check around though you might be able to find some cheaper.

Send some snow over our way. Totally weird that we haven't got any yet.:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Blizzaks

dakotaguy said:
You might try Blizzaks. They are made by Bridgestone. The only model that would work is the WS50. You can check them out online. I have used the older style WS15 and they are incredible for getting through snow. The newer ones are supposed to be even better. You'll probably pay for this digging/plowing ability in the handeling though. Price could be prohibitive though. I think they around $70.00-$80.00 per tire. Check around though you might be able to find some cheaper.

Send some snow over our way. Totally weird that we haven't got any yet.:D
haha! We've gotten more snow this November than we got ALL last winter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts