Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gas smell came back into the gt's interior today. all the vent hoses have hose clamps. and the vent hoses are new. i have my car on jackstands to bleed my brakes. yeah its the master cylinder, and booster. but i looked under the car and my tranny is leaking fluid out of the hose that connects at the back of it. what is that hose and where does it go? I recently replace fuel pump, and i'm leaking oil around it, oil pump(cover), and the timing cover. what are the possible things i would have to replace? its on the engine crossmember, and then drips to the ground. and on the oil pan where you change your oil, there is a drip but the bolt is tight. but it doesn't look like it is leaking from anywhere. are there 6 bolts that hold the engine cross member up? because i have only two.. I just got some really rare opel manta parts.. just let me know if these are easy fixes....

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Actually Billy there are 8 bolts for the engine cross member, 6 on the main beam, and two more that go through straps into each foot well along side the engine. You need to get at least the 4 other bolts that go through the main beam, with lock washers and flat fender type washers, my original flat washers were just under 1 1/8" diameter. I would suggest putting a jack under one side of the main beam, taking out one bolt and the washers, then match it with 4 new ones that are grade 8 or better. As far as the oil leaks, clean the engine as good as you can, then look to see where the oil is coming from. With a clean engine it will be easier to see the leaks. The hose from the tranny is probably the speedometer cable and it could have a bad seal. HTH.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts