Currently in Opel Detox.
I have had this car since 1993. I've tinkered with this one on and off the entire time.
The car is currently driving, but has not been tuned for daily use.
- 5psd Getrag
- 1.9 Modded with 265 Chevy pistons, larger valves, larger springs, Isky Cam
- Compufire Ignition
- Weber 38 DGAS, Ported Intake Manifold
- Euro Sprint Exhaust Manifold,
- Lightened Flywheel, S-10 Clutch
- Larger 1975 Manta front brakes
- Lower sport spring in front, progressive lower springs in back
- new carpet, new headliner
- Miata seats
- Retrosound radio, recovered dash, and lots of sound insulation.
- New fuel lines, steel reinforced/braided lines.
- New starter
- Voltage Meter replacement of the clock
- Recovered Dash, top is good, lower sides aren’t the best around holes
- upgraded Opel GTS brake booster
- Interior Sound & Heat deadened.
- Lizardskin spay on ceramic heat & sound control in full interior
- Close cell on under carpet pad
- Boxes full of other Opel Parts collected from owning over 15 other GT's over this time period
- GM Alternator, 75 amp unit
- That extra wiring fuseblock
- 1 for always on power
- Feeds relay for Ignition on Power
- Feeds amp unit for stereo
- 1 for Ignition on power
- Auxiliary cooling fan
- Space for 2 more
- 1 for always on power
- and lots of other upgrades over the last 25 years.
- Carb Tuning:
- It is running rich, and stumbling at 2500-3000 RPM.
- Just popped on a new Weber 38dgas and currently following the OpelGT.com forum and RallyeBob’s mods to tune the carb.
- Not locking in Open Position
- Either needs adjustment or re-build of the gear clamps
- Exhaust pipes re-bent. The welder put them too close to the body and there are some clanks at rough idle
- I used parts I had on hand, but I would recommend new door panes, New Drivers rear qtr trim, and Rear Deck trim.
- The rear tire area leather cover is new, but it has not been fitted or installed. It is just temporarily affixed
- Center Console: These need fresher parts. I have some spares.
- Needs Driver’s Visor
- Bumpers are good, but the new set of polished stainless, or rechroming these would make it pop
- Radio: Installed and working, but not finished.
- I’ve placed 2 speakers in the upper deck of the rear (factory only had 1).
- Needs final decision on other speakers, or upgrading the ones in the miata seat headrests.
- Water lines not connected
- I do have a brand new water valve I haven’t installed
- Auxiliary Front fan:
- Not needed, but I like to have it for 100+ head days.
- Wiring, Relay, and Temp sensor are installed, fan is not currently installed.
- Miata seats installed, the don’t fit right for me
- I have the original seats, disassembled
- I have a brand new set of seat leather from OGTS
- Will need new seat foam to rebuild
- Passenger Seat Belt
- Need to order one from OGTS, somehow I only ordered the drivers side
- Front windshield has small crack , needs repair
- Driver’s window regulator
- I’ve installed all new window tracks, and this one is really tight, plus the regulator needs some adjustment. I have to pull the window back when raising it so it doesn’t pop out
- Window trim, outside edge of door is missing
Added more photos in the Gallery