Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
And here it is again, for sale in Little Rock area for $14k.

Seller added some odd looking fender stripes; hopefully decals or such, and not painted on.

Still sits too high in the back, which is an easy fix, but for some reason it didn't get done.
I still love the spoiler.

Not a bad car for the money. Just a flip?

Maybe seller bought it to enjoy, and then didn't.

Strange that the seller does not mention the five speed or any of the other fairly expensive upgrades on the car.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
What I see is a lot of "pretty pictures" of this Gt, but only 2 of the engine and none of the undercarriage. And missing a lot of Engine misc parts. Why skimp on the "Little" things? If you zoom in, (esp Image 24), the wiring is a nightmare. Who's going to troubleshoot that mess? If it were mine, a whole new harness would be in order. I would like to see if the Sub frame had been updated with Poly Bushings. The cute wiring router? isn't even attached to the valve cover. I could go on,nitpicking, but for 14,000, I shouldn't have to. It should have been done. 7000. In my humble opinion is all that it is worth.
Just like the Lady who bought all the Rampages that I looked at. They think they have a Gold Mine.They don't when you look closely at the pictures. " You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig" remember what Pt Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute".

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
[/QUOTE]

"Seller added some odd looking fender stripes; hopefully decals or such, and not painted on."

"Still sits too high in the back, which is an easy fix, but for some reason it didn't get done."

lipstick

Gets you lookin saying thats cool

Yep

Strange that the seller does not mention the five speed or any of the other fairly expensive upgrades on the car.

Doesn't realize their importance, signs of a flip.Anyone who has owned an Opel realises a 5 speed worth 2000 Plus is important

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts

Seller added some odd looking fender stripes; hopefully decals or such, and not painted on.

Still sits too high in the back, which is an easy fix, but for some reason it didn't get done.

I bet they bought 1” lowering springs front and rear for it.
I’ve tried that on 3 GTs and what really happens is the front drops a bit more than 1” and the rear stays stock height.
When you buy the 2” lowering rear springs you get .75” lower than stock in the rear. Then you have to cut them down to get the car leveled.

• Sad
Reactions: terrylewisac

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
901 Posts
Nice looking GT. Agreed that more pictures of the under-hood area and under carriage need to be included as well as close up pictures of any defects but I would say the same thing for any GT for sale. Depends on what the buyer is looking for, a 14000.00 GT sounds like a good price if there is no major rust and no major surprises especially if you are looking for a daily driver. I think that younger drivers may be inclined to spend more that us old timers that understand the value of working on a car for years and we also have a better understanding of how expensive the parts have become especially if you want to complete a total restoration which goes back to my comment about daily driver.
In any regard hoping that we have a new owner that becomes a new member of the forum. Always good to have new blood/new ideas coming into the fray.....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts