Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
My first Manta gave me all those pleasures in spades. It took a beating being my first car but I did have fun. I bought it over a GT because it had a back seat.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Missed the earlier post and yes the car is for sale. I really don't want to have a sight-unseen transaction and I'm in no rush so it is safe in the garage. The battery is pulled and charged and in the warm basement. I want to try and get some of the undercoating off but HF is out of the variable speed oscillating tool. :confused:

Warm weather is only a couple of months away. We can try to schedule for our vaccine next week so things can get back to normal.

Thanks for the interest.

This was not a case of me pretending to sell the car to make my wife happy. She is the one that keeps telling me to keep it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Of course! I'm in no rush either. I'm excited to hear how the process goes when the weather warms up and swinging by to take a look at some point.

Awesome car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is your Manta still for sale? I’m new to this forum and can’t tell from the comments. Thanks.

·
Über Genius
9,354 Posts
Is your Manta still for sale? I’m new to this forum and can’t tell from the comments. Thanks.
Read up three posts.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
The Manta is leaving us for a younger man. It is what she needs. More energy. According to the bill of sale, we put 55 miles on it in 9 years. I never had to worry about put too many miles on it which was one of my original fears.

I'll let the new owner continue the story from here.

Thank you all for your support over the years and the entertainment and friendship shown on this site is a testament to the people and not the cars.

PS Friends are distancing themselves from me after I tell this story but it is true. I must reinforce that I talked to the car nicely. That lesson for me is worth my expenses. It would have been the first car I bought not running and then sold (exclude cars that went to the junk yard) and it was not running. So my nice talk was rewarded with the little bone that it was running and I actually drove it. Saves a major embarrassment for me and the new owner should be happy. Win-win.

·
Super Moderator
13,792 Posts
I can't believe that a Manta this nice went for so little. It's a great buy!
i can’t believe you didn’t buy it!

61 - 76 of 76 Posts