Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Opeler
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm experiencing a drip from the accelorator pump jet and the primary venturie booster while the engine is ideling, sometimes the secondary venturie booster joins in on the drip. When all are dripping the engine wont idle. I would like to understand how the fuel is getting by the accelorator pump check valve. Is it by way of vacume or some kind of over flow? The fuel pump pressure measured 4 1/2lbs. And the float bowl level seems to be in the middle of the bowl, with the float at level. I have several needle and seat valves and all seem to function. I hope someone has the answer. thanks.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
too much pump pressure from the looks of it and when it beats the float you are flooding (the drips are the sign of the flooding)
you only want around 3 psi from the pump (is it the opel mechanical one or an electric one ?)
to get you going put a fuel proof "T" in the line between the pump and carb and another between the tank and pump so the excess fuel will recirculate in the system and the float can do its job at the right pressure if you do not get enough fuel then a small clamp or a ball valve can be used to restrict the flow between the 2 "T"'s

·
Opeler
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

thanks for the quick reply. Look under recent photos and mine is a series of 3 ont the first page. the chartruse [spelling] 70 with calif licence. Car looks good, just needs to run as good as it looks. thanks again. steve

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Pressure regulator

Yep the fuel pressure is too high and fuel is leaking past the float valve.
A low pressure fuel regulator in the line between the carb and fuel pump will fix that. Just make sure you get a low pressure regulator and not a Fuel Injection type!
Thw specs call for 2 1/2 to 3 PSI maximum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts