Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done putting my solex back together and found a spring on the floor. I'm guessing its the throttle return b/c the throttle doesn't close but i cant for the life of me find where it goes. Also I found a bracket with a plunger/spring bolted to it. My guess is it mounts with the carb but I'm not sure and can't find any information in my books or the forums. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
TB_6230 said:
I just got done putting my solex back together and found a spring on the floor. I'm guessing its the throttle return b/c the throttle doesn't close but i cant for the life of me find where it goes. Also I found a bracket with a plunger/spring bolted to it. My guess is it mounts with the carb but I'm not sure and can't find any information in my books or the forums. Any ideas?
Need picture of your throttle linkage as it is now and of "extra" spring.

Both primary and secondary throttle springs are spiral wound and fit around their respective shafts on the linkage side so, unless you disassembled the carb base completely, it's not these.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
return spring actually goes on the throttle linkage, and the other end of the spring hooks onto a little bracket on the firewall/footbox area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts