Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor Mounts

I doubt they are around, but anyone hear of poly motor mounts/tranny mount for the GT?
If not, what do you think of solid motor mounts? I know a lot of racers who use them, and I'm not worried about the vibrations they will send through my chassis. I'm sure I could build a set in an afternoon. My buddy seems to think the torque will damage my motor if I do it, he has friends who have friends that have ..... who apparently have cracked thier blocks where the motor mount is mounted in their off-roading jeep type vehicles with solid mounts. I could see this happening if you hit something to bend your frame and the block was the weakest link, but haven't heard of anyone having it happen on a road-going car.

·
Opeler
160 Posts
Dan,
Years ago when parts were hard to come by, I made a solid mount for my GT. Had done that on my '69 Roadrunner as was tired of constantly having to replace broken mounts. In my stock 1900 GT the vibration at about 1500 RPM with a solid mount was incredible to say the least! I'm surprised all the fillings are still in my teeth from the experience! I don't have an answer for the other questions, but I personally wouldn't try that again.
BD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts