·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
no rush ben......its not going anywhere

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm really going to have to post an update to my build sometime. I was just reading through my old posts and I've learned a lot since I first bought this car. Some of the stuff I said back there... whew. Way off the ball.

I've gained a lot of knowledge in regards to painting and welding over the past year, and finally think I have what it takes to rebuild this car myself. Even though it may not be as nice as if I had a professional do it, I'll not only have a pleasure of knowing I did 100% of the project myself, but I'll keep costs down as well. The main object is just to get this baby back on the road and get people wondering "What kind of car is that? An Ohhh-pell?" hehe.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's pretty good. I always keep the website updated with the latest pics if you want to check them out.

http://opelgt.sasktelwebsite.net

I know, I know. The website address keeps moving. :p I keep changing ISP's though. hah.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do since we moved to a new house and it has a very small garage compared to my old one. I don't know if I have room anymore to work on it. It may end up back in storage somewhere until some later date when I have more room/funds to work on it. I don't know yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Out of a '93 Mazda Precidia. They're almost like racing buckets, and very skinny so they fit the interior of the Opel very well. Other seats I tried were all way too wide for the GT's body.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
With the factory Precidia seat rails, yeah, it sits too high. I'm going to have to fabricate a custom bracket set in order to use those seats. Either that or remove the stock "H" seat attachment sheet metal from the floor of the opel so that it's just bare steel. One of the two.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts