Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Italian opel owner
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I apologize ot everyone that I said I was going to come, I was driving our 3/4 with some of my shop stuff to show everyone at . I was driving through the mountains on some back roads I take, I was cutoff by a crotch rocket passing someone on a blind turn on the hill and in the woods I had my F-250 I slammed on the brakes and flipped the truck down a hill. It landed up against a tree. I have a broken collar bone, a couple broke ribs and im cut up fairly. Kristen has a fractured wrist. But im glad we are ok. So I apologize to everyone the truck is a total loss I will post pictures soon, I know the roof hit my head and I snapped the steering column its pretty bad.
Hope to see you all next year though!
Mike,

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,314 Posts
Man, I did not make Carlisle either by I'm glad to hear that you and the wife are okay!!! Don't worry about the crotch rockett, what goes around will come around for the driver!!! Take care and mend well.

·
Senior Contributor
4,879 Posts
Sounds like that was nasty, glad to hear you and the wife are basically OK, mend soon, I'm sure you both must be hurting.

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,137 Posts
No apologies necessary .....

Mike:
Glad to hear that you both are alright - the truck and cargo can be replaced.
Take care of yourselves and we'll see you at another event.
Rick

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
Rough stuff! Glad to hear you're both OK.

Todd

·
Italian opel owner
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this is for everyone, my luck to carlisle this is what happens,
here are the pictures of here off the flatbead, i broke the steering wheel on my ribs, the motor siezed cause i ripped the oil pan off the the rear end is bent, the frame is twisted the only thig that works is one turn signal and one radio station.

Attachments

·
Opeler
718 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news Mike. I was not able to make carlisle either this year, just too many things going on right now and the GT has not even got out of the garage yet this year. errrrrrrrr...... Hope you get better soon.

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,527 Posts
Glad you and the better half made it out all right....could have been much worse. Maybe a few cold beers would help keep the swelling down????:veryhappy
Joe

·
1000 Post Club
4,100 Posts
Wow, that is one heck of a wreck. I'm glad you two made it out of there.

Get better soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts