Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the 69 GT rolling frame sandblasted. I have done extensive work to this darn thing including cutting out the firewall from my parts car to the roller runner welding it in (cuz someone put in a 3.8 buick with a 350 auto.) Completely rebuilding the engine from the parts car. Still need to rebuild the tyranny. I've had both cars for 16+ years. The runner is very solid. Hardly any bondo on the trouble spots, magnet checked. Putted a nasty dent from the driver side front fender recently.

I hope to be on here alot more, any help is appreciated as I don't have any knowledge on message boards very much...and where to start threads and whatnot... s
Car Grille Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Machine
Water Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread Wood
Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting
o I'll try my best.

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
I hope to be on here alot more, any help is appreciated as I don't have any knowledge on message boards very much...and where to start threads and whatnot...
MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Welcome aboard. I've moved this thread to the Members Projects Forum, so you can have your own update thread to add to if you like.

·
Premium Member
1970 Pearl White GT
119 Posts
welcome!!! Please keep updating this tread! Make sure whoever is sandblasting knows the body warps pretty easy.

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
I'll have to search for that. Not sure where that is.
Umm, this thread is now "there". Just look at the Forum heading at the top and you will see "Member Projects". The Forum headings are "navigable", so you can click on them to see other threads on that Forum. The entire Forum listing is at the top right, next to your Profile photo (click on that to open your profile)

HTH

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Very cool welcome
Glad to see another gt being brought back to life.

Reactions: soybean

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Umm, this thread is now "there". Just look at the Forum heading at the top and you will see "Member Projects". The Forum headings are "navigable", so you can click on them to see other threads on that Forum. The entire Forum listing is at the top right, next to your Profile photo (click on that to open your profile)

HTH
Lol I found it! I'm not too keen on message boards. I'll learn :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now the parts car is in the backyard under a harbor freight portable garage. I had planned putting in some sort of garage back there but I haven't yet pulled the trigger. Plan was get the garage up and chop up the parts car as its in rough rough shape. No bondo in it tho so ill save everything and hang them up and organize parts while I'm working on the runner.
Where I live in pocatello only 1 gt runs around Its yellow. So far I've only seen 2 that just sit. One of which lives a couple blocks away from me.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
So far I've only seen 2 that just sit. One of which lives a couple blocks away from me
Maybe them seeing you working on yours will inspire them to do the same ,OR put them up for sale;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻SHE'S NOT RED ANYMORE!!!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More

Attachments

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Man, You are getting after it
It's already looking very promising
The fun is just around the corner.
I wish I had that kind of room to getter done

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man, You are getting after it
It's already looking very promising
The fun is just around the corner.
I wish I had that kind of room to getter done
I do not have the room haha this is at a auto body place here to get sandblasted only has a little bit to go ... 5 hours worth plus getting it epoxy primered as well

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Ah It would be nice though.
Looking good, I look forward to your progress.

Reactions: soybean

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It looks like you have a bit of patching to do. You don't seem to have much bondo left.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts