Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow...our provisional date of June 5th has crept up on us...it's next weekend!!
So, anyone who wants to make the drive to Toronto next Sunday...we will be kicking off at 1.00pm,...I'll have burgers and dogs on the grill, and a cooler full of softies on ice.... :)
Everyone is welcome, wether your Opel is driveable or not, although it would be nice to see a good turnout of Opels.
This is a great chance to meet fellow Opelitis sufferers, and to see where everyone else is with their cars....
And it's not just Canadian Opelers...those of you South of the border who want to pop over are more than welcome...
Let's use this thread as a sign in sheet...just say you are coming on here, and I'll PM you with directions...this will also give me a bit of a clue to numbers.
WooHoo....Summer at last!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm in... the GT is far from road worthy though :( but i'll be bringing my eye soar of a toyota tercel so the opels will look even better :p

if i could get directions from the 401 that'd be great, and i can pickup that windshield from you finally

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Road trip . . .

Wish I could join you, but another ~3000 mile trip so soon . . . well, you know.

·
Opeler
64 Posts
First I have to look at the responses from Carlise now this
Ive been working in Qttawa for the last couple of months and scheduled to retun back to the rock on June 2,
I will however get a chance to drive the car for a change
I have been keeping a look out here while in ottawa but haven't spotted any opels here.
Hope you get a good turn out
enjoy
Jeff

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just bumping this to the front page before the weekend.... ;)

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where is it?

Here's a map showing the immediate area, and an overview of the East end.
PM me if you need more details

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
theres only me and TOopel going so far? common guys, theres gotta be someone else with a blank schedual on sunday

·
Opeler
57 Posts
Count me in!

Nice work Rob! You chose my birthday! I'll try my best to be there. The Opel is in Port Hope (still snoozing!) But I'll be there in the Hybrid. This assumes that my chick doesn't have anything else planned apart from the party the night before and that the hangover isn't too bad!

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Dang!!! Im in Markham Ontario right now. Supposed to be working. HA!! Flying back to Atlanta tomorrow. Too bad.

·
Opeler
13 Posts
I'll be there, probably with the GT. I have to give it a once-over since I haven't driven it for the past year and a half! Hope there are no surprises and that it makes it...

·
Registered
616 Posts
does anyone going have extra brake parts (i need the whole system)? if so i'd like to buy/trade for them and this would be a convienient time to get them...

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Opel mania?

Senen said:
I'll be there, probably with the GT. I have to give it a once-over since I haven't driven it for the past year and a half! Hope there are no surprises and that it makes it...
Have a little faith . . . in Opels AND yourself.

~Two years ago, September, I bought my '69 Kadett in Seattle, WA with only web photos and owner's statement it was used as DD 2 or 3 times a week and, after flying up and a quick cursory inspection, drove it back ~2300+ miles through 7 states to Texas. I took only a few clothes, basic hand tools and maps and bought a little extra oil and coolant at the start, just in case . . . should've bought a gas can and some gas too, but that's another story. I'm not exactly a spring chicken either . . . I mean, we're talking a 61 year old at the time here!

Besides running out of gas (only 10.3 gallon gas tank!!) in view of my exit at 2:30 AM in Boise, ID and a ruptured OP sender diaphragm (just try finding one of these in the boonies!!) just north of Helper, UT, which delayed me for almost a day, the trip was uneventful, even in full desert conditions of southern Utah! Within 2 weeks of getting back and restoring car to "complete stock", I drove it down to Houston for our Texas fall meet that year. All I'm saying is, properly tuned and basically maintained, these little cars are pretty bullet-proof. Don't know about the owners though! :rolleyes:

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Weather forecast is good,
Food and softies are in the fridge,
I think everyone has directions, and the maps are earlier in this thread...so I'll look forward to seeing you all tomorrow...I'll even try to get the i200 and the Broadspeed washed :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
got my directions written down and the alarm set... now the real test, can i get to toronto and back on almost half a tank of gas and $8.50 in change i found in the couch cushions?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts