Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The privacy wishes and protection from spam emails for our members is a top priority for OpelGT.com. Unless a member specifies it, their email will not be made public.

This program has several features built into it to prevent Spam (multiple) postings and the harvesting or use of member email addresses by non-members. Abuse of the email features of this site by members (such as sending spam type messages to multiple members) will result in that member being banned (by I.P. address) from this site. Report any abuse to me

Please use caution when posting a message that contains an email address as certain forum messages may start showing up in the search engine results.

Thanks for your support - Gary

·
115 Posts
Gary;
Like a dope, I just posted a reply to Keith under the "Weber Carbs for Canadians" thread with my hotmail address in it. If you could make it disappear it will be OK with me. I will fwd my address to Keith in a private email. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks.

:eek:

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
Its easy to do, you can remove it yourself.

On the bottom right of your post there is a button that says "edit" you can go and change what your post says from there.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
5,992 Posts
e-mail address

John,
No worries, I just edited your post, and I will also contact you off-list.

BTW, if you post a message and you want to change it, you have edit privileges on your own notes. You can even delete your own messages. As a moderator, I have WAY too much power and control. I OFTEN use this to change spelling mistakes, and even when I find out I was WRONG, I hide the evidence!!! The edit feature allows me to change history, and look way smarter to future readers. But seriously, I have used it to fix serious errors so that future readers aren't misled.

Gary,
I guess I was thinking that this program would hide e-mail addresses like Yahoo! does. Thanks for pointing it out.

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: e-mail address

kwilford said:
I guess I was thinking that this program would hide e-mail addresses like Yahoo! does. Thanks for pointing it out.
It can, but I have not used that option because it would block out needed emails like the one for the flywheel purchase.

It was not a problem in the past but messages in the new version of the forum will be world searchable also the posts we have now will be picked up by the search engine spyders because of the new "Text Archive" in the footer. :D

Your post reminded me of the search engine issue and the spam email harvest programs. The other part of my post was to prevent problems mentioned in recent posts on the Yahoo list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts