Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would check here before I put them on Ebay.

I just found out the rear wheel cylinders I got from Germany were NOT Manta A (apparently the 5/8" cyinders on the Manta and GT are harder to get there). They were Commodore B, AKA the "Big rear wheel cylinder". They have 3/4" dia. pistons.

At least for the GT, Opel GT Source recommends a porportioning valve. On teh Manta, I am told its unnessecary. They go for $54 at Opel GT Source. I will let the two sets I have go for $95 a set, including shipping if anyone is interested.

I also have a spare set of station wagon springs (uncut). I realized once I got to replacing the rear shocks on the Manta that I had already installed station wagon springs on it. $100 for the pair.

BTW.. got other Manta sheetmetal for sale soon as well. (A set of inner and outer wheel arches for the rear).

Charles

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
"At least for the GT, Opel GT Source recommends a porportioning valve. On teh Manta, I am told its unnessecary. They go for $54 at Opel GT Source. I will let the two sets I have go for $95 a set, including shipping if anyone is interested."

charles if you charge $41 over ogts do you think it will sell??

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm.. I guess because they are $54 (EACH) at OGTS (Or $108 and shipping)

Vs. $95 (A SET - S&H Included)

Or a savings of about $20 (Figuring $7 for S&H).

Charles

·
587 Posts
Charles,

Unless you had them shipped over with all your other Manta stuff, you probably paid more for shipping than they cost here in the US. Are you looking for NOS packaged wheel cylinders or any aftermarket ones?

You can get new aftermarket rear wheel cylinders in the 5/8 or 3/4 (big brake) for under $20 each at some of the online parts sites.

I have 1 NOS still packaged 5/8" rear cyl. & a new pair of 5/8" aftermaket cylinders unopened in plastic that I didn't use because I put 3/4" ones on my GT instead.

~ Tom

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They came in the Germany order last time, and cost me more than Opel GT Sources price once I was done with customs, etc...

My main thing right now is I need some cash for the Manta project and fast.

So I am going through the garage and looking for extra parts I don't need. You see I may have the Manta done, as far as welding, mechanicals, detailing, wiring, etc... but not make Carlisle due to a lack of funds for the paint job and carpet.

I was expecting payment for the work I did on the EZ wiring harness diagrams from the guys at EZ. We had talked about doing it 50% in barter and 50% in trade. So I had assumed a few things, Well now I am getting it all in barter. So I need to sell some of the wiring harnesses, and some of my parts to get enough money to get the car out of the shop.

Which BTW, I have 6 universal wiring harnesses for $120 (and $15 S&H) for sale. They are great (Not just saying it). By end of the week I will have a documented install of one of them into a Manta.

Charles

Charles

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the following last night..

Clutch Set (Pressure Plate/Clutch Disc/Throw-out bearing) for $175

Trimatic Automatic Rebuilding Kit (includes cltuches, and everything for the 3 spd) for $100

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Charles, clutch kits can be bought new for 125 at a local parts shop here, and many have already bought from them and with shipping was still less than 175.

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
greensmurf20 said:
Charles, clutch kits can be bought new for 125 at a local parts shop here, and many have already bought from them and with shipping was still less than 175.
OK then $95..

I just went by Opel GT Sources prices.. since I was the qickest list I could find.

Charles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts