Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm only going to be using two rear speakers for my car. My radio is a 4 channel system. Would it be best to wire these as "rear" speakers, "front" speakers, or one of each??

Thanks

·
188 Posts
if were you i would wire them as rear speakers becuase rear speakers recieve the same tones as the front speakers do. and you will still be able to adjust it from side to side. if you wire them as one you might blow the radio. its not good to the cross the channels unless your radio is brigdable. but i have never seen a radio thats bridgable. it will give you more power to the speakers but more power is not always a good thing.

·
Non Civilian
2,100 Posts
it all depend on placement. if they are going in the rear set them as rear. if you are cutom installing them in the front then set as front. then if you get brave and decide to add more in the front or back you can just hook up the new ones respective to there location. btw: if you dont mind loosing the foot air vents that is a great place to put a XTC foam baffle and mount a 4" speaker. or a 5 1/4" near the arm rest for front locations. and rear options include the panel under the spare tyre shelf, or the blank space under the T windows can hold 6 1/2" or 6 x9's . do not install them on the rear deck area because it'll ring and rattle like crazy, sounds like crap.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I want to keep the interior all original, so no cutting. I am keeping the original AM radio with the original rear speaker. I am going to build a box, to put behind the seats with two 5X7 speakers pointing up, with the radio mounted facing forward. I purchased a nice MP3 player with remote control to mount. It fit all of my favorite CDs on one CD of MP3s, so no changing of CDs will be needed.

If I want to remove, I just have to unhook the antenna and wires, and the whole box will come out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.