Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the next few days I'll be doing a video of a 0 to 60 and back but wanted to know the limits for time and bytes first. I've never done this and a good friend sent me the camera to do it with (read Opeldean). Let me know since it might be as soon as tonight.

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Oooo--a night run! :cool:

Vickie

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
trial and error

400kb was the video size allowed on this site, but i looked in my gallery and none of my videos play anymore. I will ask Gary what the problem is.

question: has anyone opened any of my videos lately? do they work on your computer? they dont on mine anymore.

its all trial and error. when then movie file is opened on the memory stick it will label the size. most of my old movies were around 200-300 kb which played for about 8 sec. much bigger may take too long on a modem. i used to just count for about 8 sec as i recorded- then i knew the file size would be around 300 kb.

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
nobody said:
In the next few days I'll be doing a video of a 0 to 60 and back but wanted to know the limits for time and bytes first. I've never done this and a good friend sent me the camera to do it with (read Opeldean). Let me know since it might be as soon as tonight.
Multimedia upload limit is 400k. Formats are: .mpeg,.mpg,.avi,.asf,.wmv,.mov
HTH.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Well, all I can say after viewing the video, hearing the engine go full throttle, and watching the tach hit redline, is: I thought the monza was quick, and it may well be head to head up to 50, but after that no contest. A 400 pound lighter car with 1/3 sized engine, about, will put the monza to shame. I gotta finish the GT and start work on the monza. :(

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
to be honest I've been scouting roads for a good daylight speed blast and well where I live there are two federal, two state a county and a new juvenile prisons all within maybe 10 miles. The place crawls with police of one variety or another, at night you can get away with short blasts but during the day you almost need to leave the county. I've figured out a bit on the camera and will do one more blast on video before I send the camera back to it's owner. Dean These clips are priceless to me and I really have to say thank you for letting me use it.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Had a few of the local police out and on shift change so I didn't hit the brakes but did power it up for a blast to 60... and yes for some reason the tach gave up...I'm not sure I blame it. Ok I exceeded the limit on size here and speed there. I'll put it in the gallery ...Maybe.

It fit and decoded there.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tomorrow is the planned ship it back date so I need to get on it maybe one more time.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well I can't post anything that is above maybe 3 k in any format so the really cool one I'll Email out. 4 gears and slide to a stop on the big brakes was pretty fun.

·
Super Moderator
6,020 Posts
Go to "nobody's" member album photo page, at
http://opelgt.com/photos/showgaller...47&[email protected]&password=
and look for the multi-media frames. Click on the frame (you might have to click to select then click again), and you should be able to either play it directly, or right click and "save as" to download it for virus scanning and then play it on whatever you have loaded for .mpg files. HTH

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.