Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my tranny in it took a while i was in such a hurry to get it in i didnt realize that the speedo drive gear was on the passenger side so know i dont have a speedometer is any way to have a longer 1 made or will 1 off a differant opel work i have a 73 gt and i thouoght the tranny i was getting was the same one but guess not any thought on this would be greatly needed at this point thanx

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Sounds like you got an early model trans, the seller didn't have the right-angle drive that would have been with it?

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i have what you may be talking about. i tried to put the early model trans in my car and the speedo still wasnt long enough!!!!! tried to just change the tailshaft, but i found out they dont interchange without leaking horrable.

·
Super Moderator
5,883 Posts
Here's the thread that defines the interchangeability of earlier (right angle drive speedo) tailshafts with later (direct drive speedo) transmissions:

http://opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=594

Even with the right angle drive, the speedo cable is too short on the later models to connect. And the tailshafts are NOT interchangeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts