Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else ordered through splendid parts and not used PayPal?

The other choice is prepayment. Not sure what that is. I received a email that looks like a receipt but I don't believe I input payment info.

Not sure how this site works. Anybody else worked with them.

I needed two things I could not find on OpelGT source.

Patrick

·
Registered
222 Posts
You need to give them a call and arrange payment over the phone. I think they will email a link you can use to process payment with credit card if memory serves.

·
Can Opeler
3,363 Posts
I always send them an email after I order and they will send you the final payment amount and everything.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,622 Posts
What Knorm said. You place the order and they send you an email that I think has a PayPal name to send money to. It's an awkward PIA.

Don't rely on just what you see on the OGTS website, it's not updated hardly at all and many things they have aren't listed. Basically, they have everything that Splendid has, but sometimes they are out of the part and have to reorder from Splendid. It's best to call them. Sometimes they will get a part they are out of from Opels Unlimited.

·
Registered
652 Posts
My experience with Splendid was sometimes you get your order, and sometime you don't.

Bob
My experience has been a bit better. I have always received my order, but there have been times when they have held up shipping an order because one or two items are not in stock. They take PayPal and that has always worked. Frankly, I find SplendidParts quite agreeable to do business with, and they do offer some items that do not show up elsewhere. They are certainly a better outfit than a certain other operation on the same side of the Pond...

·
Spaceman
350 Posts
Gents,

I have ordered from Splendid Parts several times, and though living in next-door-neighbor-land (Denmark), delivery can be glacier slow, but I have never experienced parts not showing up.

I have very good experiences with Wolfgang from https://www.pro-gt.de/en/. Not the same amount of parts as Splendid, and payment is via Bank Transfer, but shipping is way faster and they do reply mails quite quickly as well.

Stay away from Suselbeek, their reputation is not the best..- for a reason.

Cheers

·
Opeler
890 Posts
I've ordered from Splendid several times in the past, most recently earlier this year pre-COVID. I’m unable to place an order now, United States is no longer a selectable country. I've emailed them but haven't received a response yet, they're not always the quickest to respond.

Has anyone within the US ordered from them recently?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have a part coming to me now. Nothing has been said regarding "selectable country." They use DHL for shipping and, according to the tracking website, the part has moved (in seven days) from Neustrelitz to Frankfurt where it was assigned a foreign shipping number heading for the 'States where it will be turned over to the USPS. Today is Nov 6, and the process began Oct 22. I could wish for faster delivery, but so far we are within past time-frame experience..

·
Senior Contributor
1,571 Posts
I've Placed many, many Orders with Udo, aka Splendid Parts, and find that you get the Real German Quality Parts, His parts Fit the Opel GT Perfectly,,

I buy "" All my Rubber Parts from them"" The Quality is Super BEATS anything made here in the USA,, sorry to say. Gil has his sources , but I prefer German parts fit German Cars.

II place an Order from his web Site Store, and wait for a Order Confirmation.
If I don't hear hear back within a week, from Udo or Ruth
I send him a follow up Email with a Subject TITLE
""" What Not you Communicate "" ( #Order Number )

And I always get an Answer,, Kinda like a Red Flag

When you have the Total.. in Euro's
. Log onto Paypal and just send him the Euro's that requested to complete the order. Paypal is the cheapest way to send money over the pond,, if you envolve bank transfer your gunna end up paying heffty bank fee's JMHO
most orders arrive here two and half to three weeks time,,

" Udo and Gil and Wolfgang "" Are the Most Reliable Opel Vendors in the World. Have no worries fellow Opelers 🙂

·
Opeler
890 Posts
I have a part coming to me now. Nothing has been said regarding "selectable country." They use DHL for shipping and, according to the tracking website, the part has moved (in seven days) from Neustrelitz to Frankfurt where it was assigned a foreign shipping number heading for the 'States where it will be turned over to the USPS. Today is Nov 6, and the process began Oct 22. I could wish for faster delivery, but so far we are within past time-frame experience..
hmmm....thanks. Like I said, I've placed several orders in the past so it's not like I've never done it before but having real difficulty this time.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Interesting to see I am not the only one with difficulty getting parts from Splendid at the min. Usually the service is faultless but not at the moment. I have recently been attempting to order parts to no avail and never had problems with delivery to Ireland. Probably Covid related delays.

·
Opeler
618 Posts
I haven't ordered this year from them. When I did before, it was a smooth process. I had to get a PayPal account, but that's not a big deal. Shipping was fast considering coming from Germany to the midwest of the US. However, my parts orders weren't heavy items. Lately, their website doesn't show Kadett parts. I guess COVID has cramped their business.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have ordered from them this year, with no problems until my most recent buy in September, right before Germany went into full lockdown as referenced in the note that was posted above. No fault of SplendidParts -- they shipped it and after a few days DHL got it to the export facility where it has been sitting for the past three-plus weeks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts