Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2014 Spring AutoFair will be held April 3rd through the 6th, 2014 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway near Charlotte, NC. http://www.charlotte-autofair.com

The show days for our Opel's are Saturday, April 5th and Sunday, April 6th.

This is a great show so plan to attend! This is also the site for the 2014 Opel Nationals in the Fall!

More information will be coming!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooooner, Sounds like a fun show, but why are there only 10 spots available ? :ugh:
Right now, the spaces are limited as there are usually thousands of cars at the show. The event people go by past attendance to come up with that number. If we see we need more spots, I can get them so there is no problem there. In the Fall, with the Nationals, we are starting with 50 spots and go from there. They need a "number" so they can plan where to put cars.

Hope you can make it!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not been to this event before, and will need a good road test prior to Carlisle.:drive::burnout:
Give your car a good workout and come to the Spring and Fall show! :drive: The Fall show in September is the Opel Nationals!

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
I have not been to this event before, and will need a good road test prior to Carlisle.
Thomas, I'll come down with you.. and you can lead..

That is unless you really want to break your motor in.. in that case, catch me if you can. :burnout:

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wanted to "bump" this post up to the top!

Only about 2 1/2 months before the Spring AutoFair is here, April 5th and 6th. We only have ten available spots this time so if you know you are coming, let me know asap so I can save you a set of free tickets and a free windshield sticker to get you and a friend onto the show field.

Hotel Ooooner will be open for business! :beerchug:

This is the same venue that will be hosting the 2014 Opel Nationals in the Fall!

:drive:

3,719 Posts
That is unless you really want to break your motor in.. in that case, catch me if you can. :burnout:
Thomas, don't drive with Charles! I drove with him last Fall from Indianapolis to Springfield. We had initially agreed to go 70 mph. Yeah right, he was doing 80-85 Mph all the time. I drove behind him hoping that I will not be mega-fined in Illinois as I was in N.Y.
It was fun though...:veryhappy

· 101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,328 Posts
I talked to the machine shop yesterday and was told that my block had scaring in some of the lower end of the cylinders and will have to be bored out to accept 2.0 pistons. the head and block were hot tanked and magnaflux, and no cracks were found. The crank needed work because those bearing were toast, but all is good there. I'm a bit freaked out because of all the damage that was done when the hose to the remote oil filter popped off. When all is said and done the oil filter is going back to the base of the timing case!!!!!!!!! I have already pulled the oil cooler and lines :ugh:. This is turning into one hell of a money pit. Mo money, Mo money!!!!!:pat: I reall want to make the Charlotte run in April, but if not, Carlisle is still on my Calendar. :yup::yup:

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
I talked to the machine shop yesterday and was told that my block had scaring in some of the lower end of the cylinders and will have to be bored out to accept 2.0 pistons. the head and block were hot tanked and magnaflux, and no cracks were found. The crank needed work because those bearing were toast, but all is good there. I'm a bit freaked out because of all the damage that was done when the hose to the remote oil filter popped off. When all is said and done the oil filter is going back to the base of the timing case!!!!!!!!! I have already pulled the oil cooler and lines :ugh:. This is turning into one hell of a money pit. Mo money, Mo money!!!!!:pat: I reall want to make the Charlotte run in April, but if not, Carlisle is still on my Calendar. :yup::yup:
You can make it and going to 2.0L pistons is a good move anyway :)

Reactions: MICAH1

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
I'll know in a couple of weeks whether I can make it or not.

Dieter

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Spots are going quick for the Spring AutoFair. I am down to only FOUR spots left for people who want to enter their Opel's into the show. So, if you are considering making this show, please sign up with me as soon as possible. First come, first serve. :yup:

Of course, you can attend without bringing your Opel. Hope to see you there!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just bumping this back to the top!

Spots are going quick for the Spring AutoFair at the Charlotte Motor Speedway near Charlotte, North Carolina. I am down to only FOUR spots left for people who want to enter their Opel's into the show. So, if you are considering making this show, please sign up with me as soon as possible. First come, first serve.

This will also be the venue for the 2014 Opel Nationals in September!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Not many spots left for the Spring AutoFair. I am down to only THREE spots left for people who want to enter their Opel's into the show. So, if you are considering making this show, please sign up with me as soon as possible. First come, first serve.

· Administrator
10,418 Posts
Not many spots left for the Spring AutoFair. I am down to only FOUR spots left for people who want to enter their Opel's into the show. So, if you are considering making this show, please sign up with me as soon as possible. First come, first serve.

Let's show the AutoFair organizers that we are serious about returning to this event and fill the 10 spots they allowed for Opels. It will also help our status with them for the Nationals in the Fall.

There is a huge swap meet there and in addition to the being on the showfield, you get to roam around this historic race track.

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
Book me in, Roy. I'll be coming.

Dieter

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.