Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just bumping this up to the top! Only a few more weeks before the Spring AutoFair! Contact me if you are interested in coming. Remember, this is the site where the Opel Nationals will be held in September!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I only have three spots left for Opel's to attend the Spring AutoFair! Come one, come all! Great show! Contact me if you have any questions...

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
I have not been to this event before, and will need a good road test prior to Carlisle.:drive::burnout:
You going to make it..?

Got Charger06s motor back in and ready to go.. got stopped in our tracks on Sunday with a dead battery and time. Startup should be soon.

How you coming..?

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
No Harold...unless he rides shotgun, but I am 98% in! With car.

Pencil me in.

Keith
Keith! That's great! I've got you penciled in! You going to need a reservation at Hotel Ooooner for Friday & Saturday night? I'll contact Harold and see if he can ride on the hood !

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Will just stay Friday night, will head back Saturday night. Talked to Harold and he has work he can't get out of...I don't think he wants to try hard enough...or he could.
If you change your mind for Saturday night, you are more then welcome... Yea, Harold doesn't love us anymore...

· Super Moderator
8,419 Posts
Will just stay Friday night, will head back Saturday night. Talked to Harold and he has work he can't get out of...I don't think he wants to try hard enough...or he could.
Hmm, last second offer after the work schedule has been made out and rain forecasted for that day. 2.5hrs by motorcycle in the rain, I think I'll pass this go around. :sigh: I'll save my favors for asking off for another time, like CARLISLE! :yup:

Harold

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hmm, last second offer after the work schedule has been made out and rain forecasted for that day. 2.5hrs by motorcycle in the rain, I think I'll pass this go around. :sigh: I'll save my favors for asking off for another time, like CARLISLE! :yup:

Harold
Hey.... The forecast for Saturday and Sunday at the AutoFair is Partly Cloudy with a high of 75 on Satuday and 66 on Sunday.... There is a chance of some rain on Friday but the show days are looking good!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Roy, could you tell us who all is on the list coming? Just wondered what was filling the spots so far.
Keith
1. Roy Bell (GT)
2. Mark Kirsch (GT)
3. Mark Glasser (GT)
4. Lorie and Floyd Shwartz (GT)
5. Charles Goin (Kadett)
6. Dieter (?)
7. Helmut Guehr (Manta)
8. Ed Dingo (GT)
9. Leith Lundholm (GT) ?
10. Charles said another GT may be coming down from Virginia with him....

If someone else wants to come, I can drop out so you can get your car in as we only have 10 reserved spots this Spring... If Charles' friend doesn't come, that will open up a spot. In the Fall, for the Nationals, we will have 50 to 60 spots...

Hope this helps, Keith...

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
I have to back out...
Driving home on Tuesday with the BENGEL (the Kadett E Convertible) "I lost my water" so to speak. All of it in an instant, when the upper radiator hose disconnected from the radiator. Further investigation showed that the plastic hose connector (yes, the radiator has plastic end caps :aargh4:) just broke off. I ordered a replacement radiator (1990 Pontiac LeMans) the same day and received it yesterday. Short story, it is completely identical to the Opel radiator LH to RH, but the Pontiac unit is about 4" higher. So, I'm currently radiator-less with my car of choice for the great sunny weekend, and I don't want to do the long trip with the MINI BRUTE. I'll just have to stay home and get drunk by myself.
Sorry guys, but I'll be with y'all with my thoughts, and hope (=know) you'll have a great time!

Dieter

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
1. Roy Bell (GT)
2. Mark Kirsch (GT)
3. Mark Glasser (GT)
4. Lorie and Floyd Shwartz (GT)
5. Charles Goin (Kadett)
6. Dieter (?)
7. Helmut Guehr (Manta)
8. Ed Dingo (GT)
9. Leith Lundholm (GT) ?
10. Charles said another GT may be coming down from Virginia with him....
Charger06 wont be making it.. with only 2 hours and no miles on the new motor, and a finicky clutch cable.. rather not push it. Steve had to bail too..

So it will be just me and the Kadett..

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.